Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The 00 Wishlist Poll 2022

36 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

Many thanks to all of you for contributing your time and effort in the preparation and operation of the poll.

Ditto from me.

A lot of work goes into the poll and it perhaps plays a small part in the influencing of at least some manufacturers !!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

There are 5 GW items on the list that I have been banging on about for years; these are the 2721 saddle/pannier, which I would buy in pannier condition, the A10 & N 59'6" panelled auto trailers, and the converted Collett BR 1953 compartment A43/4, the 'Cyclops' trailers.  Dapol do the Lionheart N in 7mm, and I have long hoped they'd consider putting it through the 4mm shrinking ray.

My period is nominally 1948-58, and I model the Tondu Valleys of Mid-Glamorgan.  Tondu had 2 2721s in 1948, one of which lasted until the end of March 1950, and recieved auto trailers and auto-fitted 4575s for the start of the 'regular interval' timetable, which extended auto working in the area and introduced it to the Tondu Valleys.  Owing to the low speed of passenger workings in these valleys, especially on the Porthcawl Branch, it was considered that gas-lit trailers were the most suitable because of the uncertainty of charging batteries on electrically lit trailers, and the first batch transferred included A10 and N types, as well as TVR gangwayed pairs and the last surviving Clifton Downs A2 driving trailer, W 3338.  Later, A30s, A38s, and Cyclops trailers were used, it being found that it was feasible to use electric lighting. 

My current stock includes A30s, but I wouldn't mind seeing a better RTR model, Comet A43 & A44, and Roxey W 3338.  There are also two Keyser whitemetal A31s worked up with interiors and correct bogies (Stafford Road Works 3D prints) as 'place holders' representing panelled 59'6" trailers; they are modelled on actual South Wales prototypes of the era but never ran from Tondu.  My Bachmann 4575s cannot pull the two of them as a set, and they have to run with A30s, and are very crude by modern standards even worked up with interiors, but close enough to scale for jazz on my layout  ... 

Given the past successes of the wishlist poll, I can only applaud the inclusion of the 2721, and the A10, N, A43, and A44 trailers; who knows, I may yet get my wish listed somewhere!  Them as don't ask don't get, and this is the place to ask, so thank you everyone for including these items, enabling me to live in hope.  If I could have only one of them, the choice would be an A10 or N auto trailer, but if any of them materialise, I reckon I owe Mr McDermott a beer at least!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• AY Mod pinned this topic
  • RMweb Premium

I find the time period in some categories disappointing, 1964 to current for wagons, which is nearly 68 years. Surely that could be split to represent to 1964 to privatisation 1996. Then 1996 to present? 

There has been a massive amount of change to the railway in the past 68 years. 

Also I found it hard to work out which P-Way / Civil Engineer wagon and OTPs are for BR era up to Privatisation and post privatisation 1996/7 onward.  🤔

Edited by richierich
Added comment about OTP / Departmental section of questionnaire.
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Voted. 

Nice to see the Class 155 Super Sprinter is on there. If produced with the Class 153 derivative, wide area of operation and liveries. Personally feel there little chance of one some producing one to the standard of the latest Bachmann Class 158. 

Hornby were close with their Class 153. If only they hadn’t compressed the height of the body 😏The corridor connection shows this up been 3mm too short when compared with a Bachmann Class 150 and 158 and Railtrack Class 156…

Good to see the Class 141 Pacer is there too. It would be amazing to see someone produce this model. Perfect for my modelling period and geographical area. Suspect even less chance than a Class 153/155. 

A class 185 DMU would be good too. On the Transpennine North and South routes a “bread and butter”piece of rolling stock since 2006. Outside my modelling period, but would probably buy one just because ridden them since new and daily sight. 

Edited by richierich

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Ian J. said:

Done.

I thought we weren't doing the annual wish list poll any more, though?

Hello Ian

As we say in the Introduction...

So…The 00 Wishlist Poll 2022 will run from early on Monday 12 December to 1800 on Friday 30 December. Results will appear asap in January 2023. We aim to run The Quirky Poll in 2023 and alternate year-on-year after. 

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Lady_Farkham said:

Thanks for the efforts to bring the wishlist back, I appreciate the time that has been put in. 

One thing missing from the list... 

Grainflow Polybulks PLEASE 🙏

Hello Lady_Farkham

I repeat below what we say in the Q&A concerning suggestions for 2024.

What if voters have any suggestions for 2024; or need impartial help or advice?

With the best will in the world, the list contents won’t satisfy everyone. To make suggestions for 2024, email thepollteam@gmail.com, but note that we will only consider those with a c.100-word justification based on the criteria below and a minimum of one link. The item should as far as possible have:

1.     A realistic chance of being commercially viable (not simply ‘your favourite’!)

2.     An existing prototype or drawings available

3.     A wide geographic spread of operation and/or long life

4.     A broad modelling appeal or public popularity

5.     A context with other items listed or on the market.

An acknowledgment will normally be sent within 24 hours, but a full answer to any requests for help and advice might take a few days. We will also answer queries on RMweb but note we won’t take suggestions!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, richierich said:

I find the time period in some categories disappointing, 1964 to current for wagons, which is nearly 68 years. Surely that could be split to represent to 1964 to privatisation 1996. Then 1996 to present? 

There has been a massive amount of change to the railway in the past 68 years. 

Hello richierich

We do our best to keep to the 'nice round figure' of 20 categories. 

We currently have 32 items in the 1964-current category. We could have had up to a maximum of 45. 

If we get 'masses of suggestions' (following our guideline of how to submit suggestions in my post above) we will, of course, review the matter for 2024.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, The Johnster said:

If I could have only one of them, the choice would be an A10 or N auto trailer, but if any of them materialise, I reckon I owe Mr McDermott a beer at least!

Hello Johnster

Many thanks...I am but one of seven members of The Poll Team per se and then there is our 'modern stock consultant' Nick Evans and Andy York to consider. Nine drinks, please!😀😀

Brian (in jest) (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello again Jason

Extract from the Q&A below explains the situation.

What is included in – or specifically excluded from – The Poll?

Our core content is a wide selection of locos and rolling stock of British Railways, its predecessors and successors. Many items of a ‘heritage/preserved’ nature are included by default. We could easily list over 50,000 items with all their ‘variants’ so we have to ‘draw a line’ somewhere!

For this year, we are excluding from our lists any models made after 2005. Some voters will find that some of the slightly pre-2005 models listed are fine in all respects, so there is no need to vote for them. Only vote for what you would realistically buy.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the work, and the effort involved in the analysis  -  greatly appreciated.

Even though I read the introduction/guide properly, I found it interesting that actually filling in the form concentrated my mind in an interesting way.  A lot fewer locos than I'd imagined I'd vote for, but more coaches and odd wagons than I thought I would.

Everyone, please vote for a new BR 16 ton mineral wagon and a 4-COR (plus whatever else you want, of course).