GWR O11/15 Opens and V14/16 Vans - order book now open!

rapidoandy

On 04/07/2023 at 20:30, rapidoandy said:

I think Hattons might have missed the photo. We supplied them with this:

gwr5planksample001painted2.jpeg.10b686c9dfd2179767fc92f88e468f49.jpeg

What’s the diameter of the buffer heads?  They look a bit big as they should only be 13”

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 27/10/2023 at 19:54, Penrhos1920 said:

What’s the diameter of the buffer heads?  They look a bit big as they should only be 13”

Loriot buffer heads - slightly bigger. Probably too late to change now but they are only plastic rather than metal.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, RapidoCorbs said:

Loriot buffer heads - slightly bigger. Probably too late to change now but they are only plastic rather than metal.

No need to apologize, I'm looking forward to replacing the buffers on mine.  Keeps me off the streets.

In fact I would gladly pay a few quid more for more errors of that sort 🙂

• Funny 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 02/11/2023 at 19:23, Miss Prism said:

To be honest, the bible is a bit crap on buffer head sizes.

It is, the caption on plate 36 states the standard size head on self-contained buffers was 1' 3" instead of 13".

Corbs, what length are they? 1'6" or 1'81/2"? They also look a little long to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I bet you don't really know Corbs, I bet all you're getting from China is container loads of mystery boxes due to a slight misunderstanding when translating your 10 year contract with them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 07/02/2024 at 08:11, RapidoCorbs said:

4 generations of liveries on our upcoming GWR V14 and V16 vans.
From the top we have 25", then 16" GW lettering, post-'36 and post-'42 GW, followed by BR unfitted freight grey and vacuum-braked bauxite livery.
These colour samples hopefully give a taste of what's to come as the wagons are currently being shipped to the UK.

4-gen-GW-Van-2.jpg.b74dc29f26a2a392dd0817c27c63ae69.jpg

A little birdie tells me these have arrived.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

Always a pleasure to be able to delete 'NYA' on gwr.org.uk, but these days, to reflect modern marketing methods, I wonder if I should introduce an 'ASO' for all sold out...

I wouldn't say there's a need for ASO. Second stock always turns up. You just have to patient sometimes... 

Edited by Garethp8873
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

Always a pleasure to be able to delete 'NYA' on gwr.org.uk, but these days, to reflect modern marketing methods, I wonder if I should introduce an 'ASO' for all sold out...

Just link to the relevant manufacturer's page for that product so that their live stock levels are shown. That way you don't need to keep the list up to date (er, so much).

Edited by Harlequin

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

I'll be taking photos of mine early next week if you want to use them on the website @Miss Prism

• Thanks 1

Thanks Rob.

9 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

Just link to the relevant manufacturer's page for that product so that their live stock levels are shown. That way you don't need to keep the list up to date (er, so much).

Doesn't always work that way! I do sometimes link to a manufacturer's webpage in the formative stage of a project, so that people can see what is on offer in the type and livery range. Post availability, I like to carry a representative photo (generally I will chose a GWR version rather than a BR one). The problem with a link to a manufacturer's page is that sometimes they have a habit of disappearing/changing after the initial excitement and familiarisation has subsided.

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

Doesn't always work that way! I do sometimes link to a manufacturer's webpage in the formative stage of a project, so that people can see what is on offer in the type and livery range. Post availability, I like to carry a representative photo (generally I will chose a GWR version rather than a BR one). The problem with a link to a manufacturer's page is that sometimes they have a habit of disappearing/changing after the initial excitement and familiarisation has subsided.

Yes, they will change their links but less frequently than stock levels changing so still less work, in theory.

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

I wonder if I should introduce an 'ASO' for all sold out...

Which is good for the kits, I suppose. Maybe there is room for both in the market.

• Agree 1