GWR O11/15 Opens and V14/16 Vans - order book now open!

rapidoandy

On 04/03/2024 at 19:33, gwrrob said:

None of these to be seen in a layout setting yet chaps.

Mine arrived today, ordered Saturday night, so impressive speed from RoS and Royal Mail.

2/3 seen here behind Rapido 15xx 1504 entering Coombe Town. They're nice wagons, think I'm going to have to stop messing about and get the weathering powders on these sharpish.

focusstackingonline_com.jpeg(2).png.905a015e126a6193fc428bacbe8bae86.png

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I've a few on order... Keep checking my email, but no dispatch notice yet!!

I've a good pile of the Coopercraft ones as well - Pretty sure there is a box of more somewhere! I actually think they sit along side each other fairly well on a layout and, I'd rather add some slight weathering to a model I painted than a brand new, expensive one out of the box.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, sjrixon said:

I've a good pile of the Coopercraft ones as well - Pretty sure there is a box of more somewhere! I actually think they sit along side each other fairly well on a layout

I've got a decent rake of finished Coopercrafts in a box somewhere and the mouldings are first rate, really sharp.  The only downside (apart from the naff buffers) being that the varnish on mine has gone very yellow indeed - but they were put together about 40 years ago.

I quite fancy some non-yellowed replacements 👍

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I bought some white metal replacement buffers... Then you start to add up the costs, kit, buffers, new wheels, paint, varnish, time......

Give them a refresh once the new ones have arrived :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Can anyone advise if the roof is removable? I'd like to add a bit of weight to my 103502 (which is delightful and has significant local interest for me...)

944008-600x338.png

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Can anyone advise if the roof is removable? I'd like to add a bit of weight to my 103502 (which is delightful and has significant local interest for me...)

944008-600x338.png

@Gilbert have a look at the photos taken of them in production late last year, they certainly look like the roof is removable.

My BR liveried examples arrived today 😄

As always very impressed with Rapido's wagons after buying the gunpowder and LMS opens. Only tiny weeny gripe is having to carve up the packaging I'd you want to fit the hybar

PXL_20240306_212514829.jpg.b68b3c1e1535f43950ae4efdd1fe1d0b.jpg

PXL_20240306_212606779.jpg.dfdec9a6fac6840ed1ad446da38b08dd.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

GWR Versions arrived this afternoon... I tried to remove one of the van roofs. It wouldn't move easily, but it clearly a separate part...

20240307_151710.jpg.852c292722cbd70afa36bda409886513.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Having received mine this evening they look quite superb. Photos on my layout thread anon. Can anyone point me to a prototype photo of an O11/15 with the tarp bar in the resting position. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/03/2024 at 17:09, Gilbert said:

944008-600x338.png

If they are anything like the Iron Minks, they should come off pretty easily, only a light bit of glue was used on the mink I have, I found it easy to remove for repainting.

@RapidoCorbs The off white roof colour looks to have come out nicely, a good evolution from the pure white used on the iron minks and toads. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, 57xx said:

If they are anything like the Iron Minks, they should come off pretty easily, only a light bit of glue was used on the mink I have, I found it easy to remove for repainting.

@RapidoCorbs The off white roof colour looks to have come out nicely, a good evolution from the pure white used on the iron minks and toads. 

I've had a gentle (ish) push with just fingers and they are a friction fit with pegs locating into mountings in the body moulding

and yes the roof colour is very good...

Chris

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Just noticed that one my O11s has one wheelset spoked and the other is a 3 hole disc wheel. I presume this is an assembly mistake - not especially bothered, but could there be a prototype for this?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, stephennicholson said:

Just noticed that one my O11s has one wheelset spoked and the other is a 3 hole disc wheel. I presume this is an assembly mistake - not especially bothered, but could there be a prototype for this?

Which SKU/running number is the one you have?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, 57xx said:

16 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I've had a gentle (ish) push with just fingers and they are a friction fit with pegs locating into mountings in the body moulding

and yes the roof colour is very good...

Chris

Yep I agree. The roof colour of this batch of vans is spot on. Nicely done, Rapido.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Fredo said:

Hi,

Thanks for the new wagons which are excellent. Have you considered another batch with different identities?

Thanks Fred

Definitely a consideration!

As with previous runs like the SECR opens, we need to give retailers etc. time to sell their existing stock before considering future runs. Glad you like them!

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stephennicholson said:

Dozens, possibly hundreds! 🙂

Back in the day, mixed axleboxes weren't uncommon, either.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1