Hornby, A Model World. Series 2.

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, BMS said:

Is it possible that ep 1 pulled because of the 2 last probs; the F Scotsman wheel lock (TT120?) and the future depending on a rather dubious loco not in the catalogue ever?

No, because the wheel lock was still shown, it was a tender drive OO gauge model from 20 years ago. 

• Agree 1

I watched both episodes and thought it was fine - I don't watch programmes to then tear them to bits for any inaccuracies.  I thought the guy repairing the Rocket was interesting and human - he wired it up the wrong way - never done that??  What would have added excitement, would to have seen the wife's comments, when having told her husband not to take the loco out of the box, he did, and broke it. 

I thought the little bit about the history of Scalextric was interesting - I had a set back in the fifties with metal bodied cars - one green, one red - no other options available then. I look forward to the rest of the series.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

As I didn't get chance to see the first episode - and didn't find out about any repeat until after the event - I'll probably wait for the channel to repeat the series (going by Yeaterday's track record, probably not very long).

In all honesty though, I quite enjoyed Monday evening's repeat of World War Weird ... .

As for next Monday's airing of episode 2, I won't be watching the TV then - not "sour grapes" - just got something else planned.

I'm not too worried - I regard programmes like this as "wallpaper TV" - if they're on, fine - if not, well you get the general idea. No offence intended towards SK, or anyone else.

Now if some Freeview network were to bring back GMRC - or anything else in which people actually do some m*d*l m*k*ng (I get the impression that some people do so little of this that it might as well be swearing), I'd probably be watching from start to finish ... .

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Watched the first episode with the wife and we both enjoyed it even provoking comments and interest from the missus who usually doesn’t take an interest.

I did note a Bachmann super voyager box and an Oxford rails box (thought it may be a mk3 box) at various points in the programme.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huw Griffiths said:

As I didn't get chance to see the first episode - and didn't find out about any repeat until after the event - I'll probably wait for the channel to repeat the series (going by Yeaterday's track record, probably not very long).

First episode has not aired yet.  Series starts on Monday 16th and each episode is usually repeated a couple of times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fishoutofwater said:

First episode has not aired yet.  Series starts on Monday 16th and each episode is usually repeated a couple of times.

Just watched the "Top 10" (ep 11) programme.  I wonder how they selected the ten historic objects?

• Like 1

Anyone know what episode is airing on Monday. Is it episode 1 that many have already seen. Some listings are showing it as episode 2 but I think that may be based on the original start of the series last Monday.

Given that they have released episode 1 and 11 on UKTV Play, is it likely that they may drop the schedule for the last episode which would allow for the remaining 10 episode to still be show in the original planned slots.

Episode 11 is a top 10 round up so to me not so potentially interesting as the other 10.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob83a said:

Given that they have released episode 1 and 11 on UKTV Play, is it likely that they may drop the schedule for the last episode which would allow for the remaining 10 episode to still be show in the original planned slots.

Sounds plausible.

I'll be glad to see the episode one broadcast, as I can then record it and view at my convenience, skipping or fast-forwarding through the ad breaks, something that UKTV Play seems to prevent.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Fishoutofwater said:

Yes. Catch-up beforehand - that's a new concept.

That’s how all TV will be in a few years if the plans to scrap broadcasting come to fruition.

RichardT

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 14/01/2023 at 14:21, Fishoutofwater said:

Yes. Catch-up beforehand - that's a new concept.

Many TV stations having a +1 channel, (so you can watch programs one hour later), why don't any have a  -1 channel , so you can watch them one hour before they are broadcast.

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

On 14/01/2023 at 18:31, stewartingram said:

If you watch episode 1 or 11 on UKTV (ie a catchup), there are no ad breaks at all this time round.

This must be dependent on how you view them. Using UKTV's Android app, on episode 1 all the ad's were at the start, whereas episode11 had them at normal intervals.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, stewartingram said:

I watched both on UKTVplay. No ads - though technically the ad breaks were there, where the Hornby wagons go round! There was a short 10-15 sec trailer for the channel at the beginning though.

Although we are supposed to get UKTV catch-up on our TV, it never works and is described as 'unavailable'.

I can watch it on my desktop PC, however, but I then have to sit through the interminable adverts (good time to make a cup of tea).

One good reason, therefore, to record it on the 'set-top' box and speed through the adverts.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, stewartingram said:

I watched both on UKTVplay. No ads - though technically the ad breaks were there, where the Hornby wagons go round! There was a short 10-15 sec trailer for the channel at the beginning though.

I think that adverts on catch-up are more like google ads than normal TV ad breaks. I've had times when an ad break has had no adverts several times on various catch-up services, presumably because no advertiser was wanting to advertise to that audience or at that time. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Episode 2 of Seriea 2 was supposed to be broadcast yesterday but it wasn't - still a repeat from the 1sr Series.  

I thought they were starting again with episode 1 of series 2 tonight .

As others have pointed out though it is on the UKTV app , so i've seen Episode 1  and another episode which was top 10 models - not sure if that was series 1 or a further episode of 2

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Episode 2 of Seriea 2 was supposed to be broadcast yesterday but it wasn't - still a repeat from the 1sr Series.  

Actually, Episode 2 of Series 2 was supposed to be broadcast TODAY, on Yesterday, according to TV guides printed before last week. 

• Like 1

On 14/01/2023 at 10:51, Bulleidboy100 said:

I watched both episodes and thought it was fine - I don't watch programmes to then tear them to bits for any inaccuracies.  I thought the guy repairing the Rocket was interesting and human - he wired it up the wrong way - never done that??  What would have added excitement, would to have seen the wife's comments, when having told her husband not to take the loco out of the box, he did, and broke it. 

I thought the little bit about the history of Scalextric was interesting - I had a set back in the fifties with metal bodied cars - one green, one red - no other options available then. I look forward to the rest of the series.

I wonder how many folks with 'broken' models will rock up at Margate expecting to get them fixed for free while they wait, and be filmed into the bargain?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2