Hornby, A Model World. Series 2.

AY Mod

1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Although we are supposed to get UKTV catch-up on our TV, it never works and is described as 'unavailable'.

I can watch it on my desktop PC, however, but I then have to sit through the interminable adverts (good time to make a cup of tea).

One good reason, therefore, to record it on the 'set-top' box and speed through the adverts.

My sister has an early smart TV and since December it no longer supports ITV Hub.

Regards

Nik

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, NIK said:

My sister has an early smart TV and since December it no longer supports ITV Hub.

Regards

Nik

My not so early Smart TV doesnt support ITV hub any longer :(

Edited by stephennicholson
spelling mistake
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Is that because the ITV Hub has changed its name to ITVX?

Could be, just found this:

As of 8 December 2022, ITVX is only available on Samsung Smart TVs 2016 and above.

My sisters TV is an early Samsung smart TV.

Regards

Nik

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, NIK said:

Could be, just found this:

As of 8 December 2022, ITVX is only available on Samsung Smart TVs 2016 and above.

My sisters TV is an early Samsung smart TV.

Regards

Nik

Yes, I have to use chromecast instead - which is ok, but a faff. Frustrating as other catchup programmes still work ok. Trying to get back on topic, for some reason UKTV channels dont appear on my freeview listing - but again can solve with chromecast.

• Like 1

Great idea sending me an email telling me to watch a TV programme that starts at 8PM at 

Mon, 16 Jan at 20:46

Set your alarms in preparation for episode one tonight at 8pm on Yesterday Channel

These manufacturers and retailers really do need to work on their communications with the public. it's not just Hornby, I've had a few ill thought out emails over the last few weeks.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, NIK said:

Regards

Nik

Which is agitating about so-called smart devices that are abandoned by the manufacturers after a couple of years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64249388

Its nsot surprising, the slimy bu@@ers want to sell new product rather than supporting old stuff.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Great idea sending me an email telling me to watch a TV programme that starts at 8PM at 

Mon, 16 Jan at 20:46

These manufacturers and retailers really do need to work on their communications with the public. it's not just Hornby, I've had a few ill thought out emails over the last few weeks.

Jason

I got the Hornby email about the broadcast tonight just before 1 pm.  Their email server needs looking at. Preferably with a big hammer!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/01/2023 at 18:39, philsandy said:

Many TV stations having a +1 channel, (so you can watch programs one hour later), why don't any have a  -1 channel , so you can watch them one hour before they are broadcast.

Whilst it only seems to be a placeholder for possible future use, wouldn't "Yesterday +1" simply become "Today"?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold

Really enjoyed episode one.  The TT range looks really good - shame that the condition of my eyesight is in inverse proportion to improvements in small scale model fidelity.

This is the kind of programme that puts a big grin on my face.

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Really enjoyed episode one.  The TT range looks really good - shame that the condition of my eyesight is in inverse proportion to improvements in small scale model fidelity.

This is the kind of programme that puts a big grin on my face.

Cheers

Darius

Certainly wins over Strictly Midwives on Ice  or the ever more dreary soaps that infest the telly between 7 and 9.  Yes its pleasant telly . 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Recorded the first instalment and watched this morning.

The TT:120 coaches looked good (much better than I expected), "Limping Scotsman" less so, though they appeared to get that sorted later, and I enjoyed the "Rocket Science"

It wouldn't wean me off Quiz Night on BBC2 if I couldn't watch both, though! 

What's that definition of Earth from The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy? "Mostly harmless".

John

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dunsignalling said:

Recorded the first instalment and watched this morning.

The TT:120 coaches looked good (much better than I expected), "Limping Scotsman" less so, though they appeared to get that sorted later, and I enjoyed the "Rocket Science"

It wouldn't wean me off Quiz Night on BBC2 if I couldn't watch both, though! 

What's that definition of Earth from The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy? "Mostly harmless".

John

But when SK appears on screen in excitable enthusiastic mode, it's rather like being at a Vogon poetry recital...

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, JohnR said:

He's not the best presenter, is he? 

I'm afraid I just cant take him seriously . These exchanges give the impression of being impromptu but you know are being acted out , like the TT discussion for instance.  

But its an interesting program - i did enjoy the top 10 , even though they wouldn't have been mine . I'd have thought the original  Hornby Dublo Sir Nigel Gresley would have been up there . It is actually what kicked off Hornby 00 even though the company as we know it was mainly derived from Tri-ang or Rovex and took over the name Hornby, but better not mention that !

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Legend said:

I'm afraid I just cant take him seriously . These exchanges give the impression of being impromptu but you know are being acted out , like the TT discussion for instance.  

But its an interesting program - i did enjoy the top 10 , even though they wouldn't have been mine . I'd have thought the original  Hornby Dublo Sir Nigel Gresley would have been up there . It is actually what kicked off Hornby 00 even though the company as we know it was mainly derived from Tri-ang or Rovex and took over the name Hornby, but better not mention that !

Although Triang is mentioned occasionally, the average viewer might get the impression that Hornby took over Triang in the 60s, not the other way around!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

From reading this thread, Simon Kohler seems to be the “KR Models” of the model railway TV world considering the vitriol hurled his way on this website.   I enjoy his enthusiasm on the programmes and am not naive enough to expect the “meetings” in his office to be real events.  As Phil indicated earlier, this is an entertainment programme for all viewers not a fly on the wall documentary.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

From reading this thread, Simon Kohler seems to be the “KR Models” of the model railway TV world considering the vitriol hurled his way on this website.   I enjoy his enthusiasm on the programmes and am not naive enough to expect the “meetings” in his office to be real events.  As Phil indicated earlier, this is an entertainment programme for all viewers not a fly on the wall documentary.

Cheers

Darius

We know that but it gives the impression of being a fly on the wall documentary 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Cheers

Darius

OK, I suppose - if you like that sort of thing; it's basically an extended advert.

I can't say that I got much entertainment from it, so I now avoid it.

I wonder when Bachmann etc. will get their own dedicated programmes?

CJI.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1