Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

British Railway Modelling Awards - 2022 Results

• RMweb Gold

Well done , Jamie !!!!!

A very much deserved award for a thoroughly modest, extremely skilled modeller. 

Top stuff ! 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 4
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Phil was on hand to capture the smiley faces.

Lawrence Tim.jpg

My thanks to Lawrence and Tim for hosting the awards. Thanks too to the recipients for taking time out of their day for the presentation.

Wendy Tim Richard.jpg

Stephen Tim.jpg

Neil Tim.jpg

Mike Mike Tim.jpg

Ellis Clark Tim.jpg

The tables were then turned on @CF MRC to receive the Best Layout award and onto @tc as Exhibition Manager for last year's show.

Copenhagen Tim.jpg

Tom Tim.jpg

Accurascale turned up in force with @Pixie, @Islesy and @Accurascale Fran who seems well-pleased with the haul. I bet they can't shut @Islesy up about the Chaldrons being a good idea.

Accurascale Tim.jpg

• Like 15
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Well done Accurascale . Its certainly been their year with the Deltics and 92s arriving , and I suspect it will only get better in 2023.  Really a breath of fresh air , fantastic detail and interaction . Delivering good value for money challenging the price hikes of the others . Good for Dapol too , glad to see they are being rewarded. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Premium

Wow - honoured to be third in the modellers poll and 6th in the layouts poll.

Thank you to all who voted for me and congratulations to all the award winners.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 15
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

I now know why Lawrence from the MRC was so keen on me getting to Ally Pally again this year (and it wasn't just for the cookies I made)!

Absolutely blown away - to win it the first time in 2019 was wholly unexpected, but to win it again... well... I'm lost for words...
I was filming/photographing bits of the awards at the time, and  @Howard Smith had to jump in and hold my monopod and camera (hence the rucksack as I wasn't expecting to be so involved)!

I can only extend my utmost thanks and gratitude to those who nominated and voted for me. I believe that every name on that list deserved the accolade for one reason or another, so I genuinely feel bad - especially as I won by a mere 2 points. Incredible... I don't know what else to say other than thank you from the bottom of my heart, but please do give someone else your vote next year 😄

I did take some photos during the awards from the wings, but I have 700 pics/videos to go through from Ally Pally when I get a spare evening or three!

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Well done , Jamie !!!!!

A very much deserved award for a thoroughly modest, extremely skilled modeller. 

Top stuff ! 

Many thanks, Rob - you are too kind!
For what it's worth, it took me ages to vote for my 'favourite' modeller - such is the high calibre of entrants. In the end, I settled with you; as your Sheep Chronicles have inspired me to no end. Especially about how to balance a scene, and how to produce small but perfectly formed layouts. There's a lot in your posts to inspire, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Ewe at SWAG last year.

42 minutes ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Well done Jamie!
We get our haircut by the same person....  small world.

Many thanks, Peter!
And just for reference for everyone else - he is 100% accurate, and not due to geographical location; I travel about 30-40 minutes as it's a friend of both our families!

Many thanks, again, for everyone's support and encouragement.

All the best,
Jamie

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 4

2 hours ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

I now know why Lawrence from the MRC was so keen on me getting to Ally Pally again this year (and it wasn't just for the cookies I made)!

Absolutely blown away - to win it the first time in 2019 was wholly unexpected, but to win it again... well... I'm lost for words...
I was filming/photographing bits of the awards at the time, and  @Howard Smith had to jump in and hold my monopod and camera (hence the rucksack as I wasn't expecting to be so involved)!

I can only extend my utmost thanks and gratitude to those who nominated and voted for me. I believe that every name on that list deserved the accolade for one reason or another, so I genuinely feel bad - especially as I won by a mere 2 points. Incredible... I don't know what else to say other than thank you from the bottom of my heart, but please do give someone else your vote next year 😄

I did take some photos during the awards from the wings, but I have 700 pics/videos to go through from Ally Pally when I get a spare evening or three!

Many thanks, Rob - you are too kind!
For what it's worth, it took me ages to vote for my 'favourite' modeller - such is the high calibre of entrants. In the end, I settled with you; as your Sheep Chronicles have inspired me to no end. Especially about how to balance a scene, and how to produce small but perfectly formed layouts. There's a lot in your posts to inspire, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Ewe at SWAG last year.

Many thanks, Peter!
And just for reference for everyone else - he is 100% accurate, and not due to geographical location; I travel about 30-40 minutes as it's a friend of both our families!

Many thanks, again, for everyone's support and encouragement.

All the best,
Jamie

Well done Jamie 😀 You beat me into second place by two votes!! TBH, I'm as flabbergasted as you. But good on yer - yoof like wot you is is the future of the hobby, innit? 😆

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

4 hours ago, newbryford said:

Wow - honoured to be third in the modellers poll and 6th in the layouts poll.

Thank you to all who voted for me and congratulations to all the award winners.

I demand a recount!.....should of been a strong 9th at least....you see money can buy you votes!

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

I must say I'm surprised at the Accurascale class 92 winning the "innovation" award for motorised pantographs — given that the Bachmann class 90 also had this feature a few years ago…

The innovation shortlist is formulated from the highest number of nominations of viable products. Bachmann's servo-powered pan was nominated in 2019. Accurascale's pans are moto-driven and hence, in form and operation, are considered different.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Interesting the Heljan 45 which has been criticised by many still came in 9th in poll, which to me suggests that it isn't actually as bad a some suggest.  Similarly the "Genesis" coaches from Hattons which many questioned seems to have rightly struck a chord with many.

Fascinating set of results, well done to all concerned.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

Interesting the Heljan 45 which has been criticised by many still came in 9th in poll, which to me suggests that it isn't actually as bad a some suggest. 

Given only 4% voted for the model I can't reach the same conclusion.  It was even beaten by KR's Fell. 

A first class, high quality Class 45 would have been up there challenging the top 3.

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Pretty poor showing by Hornby, the new boys on the block are well and truly coming to the fore now.

They might win next year in the category  ' Best  Model Railway TV Show '.

• Funny 1

Delighted to receive the silver award for LFORM 2022 on behalf of the whole Ally Pally team - but of course like all exhibitions it is very much a team effort both with Warners /  BRM and within the MRC to bring the event together. Many thanks to all who voted for us, and also for all those who attended the show last year and this weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Many congratulations to all winners and nominees, and a big thank-you to everyone who voted for the Revolution entries.  In a strong year for N gauge we were delighted to get silver with our Class 320/321 (coming very close to the Farish 90 which even I can see was a worthy winner!) and silver and bronze for the IWA vans/timber carriers and JNA box wagons.

And being given silver for N manufacturer of the year is also hugely rewarding, and was the cherry *on* the icing on the cake this weekend after a very enjoyable show at Alexandra Palace in which we had some hugely encouraging feedback from those we spoke to..

cheers 

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Many, many thanks for voting CF as Layout of the Year. We keep on chipping away at it, still being far from finished of course. The achievement is entirely down to the team that contribute in so many ways; the support of the MRC and the excellent components available from the 2mm Scale Association.

It is now 40 years since we started planning the project - here’s to the next 40…

Tim

Edited by CF MRC
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We're still coming to terms with the results here at Accurascale/IRM towers. Sunday was truly mind-blowing for us and well, we still can't quite believe it. 

We would just like to extend a sincere and heartfelt thank you to everyone who voted for us across all categories. It really capped off an amazing year for us, and we will be working even harder in 2023 as your vote of confidence drives us further.

I have put a wee post together on it going into more detail here: 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

To be nominated was such an honour and to placed amongst such accomplished modellers was reward in itself. 

Thank you for the nomination and thank you for the votes.

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 5