Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EFE Rail - Winter 2023 Announcements inc. Southern 'Booster'

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Mr chapman said:

Is there any particular goods train for the malachite version? Mixed goods? Van train? All duties? What coaches would be suitable, Olive Maunsells?

Depends, of course, on the period you're modelling.  They first appeared during WWII, so for self-evident reasons there were no regular boat trains to and from the south coast!  I have no idea if they worked troop trains though.  Perusal of my own library would seem to indicate that old school mixed goods trains were their bread and butter work throughout their lives.  Post-war of course they got a bit more glamerous work on Newhaven boat trains.  In the blue era I remember seeing 20001 all bulled-up for taking Little Liz and Phil the bubble to Epsom Downs (actually Tattenham Corner) to watch their geegees at The Derby. ;-)

Edited by Phatbob
Typo

10 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

The Boosters are now showing on the due in 30 days page on the Bachmann website.

That was before shipping lines announced they wouldn't be transiting the Red Sea due to terrorist actions.  If they have to go the long way round rather than by Suez, then a couple of weeks may need to be added.

OTOH we may be in luck and the ship got through before the problem arose...

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

OTOH we may be in luck and the ship got through before the problem arose...

From what I was previously told about an expected docking date I think they shouldn't be affected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The video from HM is excellent and congratulations to Graham  and the team for getting this fascinating model to the market. I am looking forward to picking up two of them from Paul at Alton on Tuesday, I gather they arrived on Saturday!

all the best

Godfrey

• Like 5
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Really good video of a tremendous and very well thought out model.  Muz is to be congratulated on the manner in which he presents and very clearly explains the historical detail of these fascinating locos.   Not my scene modelling wise although I saw the originals in everyday traffic and the model really captures the look of them.

• Like 5
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Really splendid work Graham. Just what we (Balcombe) have been waiting for!

20003 is almost ready for the paint shop and when they arrive we'll have a good selection of motive power for the Newhaven boats

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Really good video of a tremendous and very well thought out model.  Muz is to be congratulated on the manner in which he presents and very clearly explains the historical detail of these fascinating locos.   

No doubt having a video hosted by a leading publication is a good start, but being able to describe the detail differences and the development of both prototype and models on camera, rather than reading from a script, is a distinct advantage.  Is it churlish to suggest some other manufacturers might care to note the success of this approach? Hopefully every project developer has the knowledge to impart, after all.......

• Like 4
  • Agree 8