Rapido SECR O1 0-6-0 (OO Gauge)

AY Mod

I note that (given her designer and his legacy at the G&SWR) that, tender frames and suspension aside, she bears a fair resemblance to a Manson 361 class of Sou'West origin.

Davy.

IMG20231110122742.jpg

Edited by Mad McCann
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

Fantastic news. 

3 SECR ones for me!  Order straight in. 65 with sound (in keeping with all bluebell locos I collect), the others plain DCC. A lot to finance! But might add EKR and BR later.....

@rapidoandy @RapidoCorbs Noticed that none have the "above" running plate sandbox type in the 3D images (example shown below). Are they purposely missed out? Or a detail variant to come? 

mm_31434.jpg

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well, that has caused a major financial incident to be declared............

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

37 minutes ago, 60800 said:

Where Bachmann misses a step, Rapido jumps in. Fantastic little loco, glad to see it finally being done 

I just have to resist buying three 😅

Cheers,

Well, you have announced your intention to buy TWO yellow Port of Par locos, so I reckon resistance is futile @60800 don’t you?! 🤣

• Funny 1

6 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Well, that has caused a major financial incident to be declared............

Same here (particularly with the Port of Par announcement, too), although I won’t have your problem of desiring them in gorgeous SECR liveries and BR black!

Steve S

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Many congratulations to Rapido on this announcement which expands their SECR range!

Within The 00 Wishlist Poll, the class had been High Polling for some years and entered The Top 50 in 2019. The Poll didn't run in 2020 or 2021 but, in 2022, the class was still in The Top 50.

We wish Rapido every success with the project.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
Just now, SteveyDee68 said:

Same here (particularly with the Port of Par announcement, too), although I won’t have your problem of desiring them in gorgeous SECR liveries and BR black!

Steve S

You missed the early Southern A7  version as well, Steve.......And I am struggling over the E.K.R version............

Don't ask. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

Am starting to suspect that Rapido have installed spy software on my system, as this announcement falls slap bang into my second big addiction of acquiring Southern region locos! As much as I appreciate the wonderful pre-grouping liveries, I’m only interested in locos that were still around in 1962…

“The last of the class was sadly withdrawn from service in 1962.”

Bufferstops!*

Guess the wallet is going to be bashed yet again. Must resist buying more than one - just one late crest version suitably weathered up, forget the one with the tapered buffers with the early crest and still lovingly kept clean by its loyal crew … resist … resist …

Steve S

* Other exclamations are available