Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

New Steam Locomotive model announcement 23/11/23 at 11:00am

• RMweb Premium

Curiously, this flashed up for a fraction of a second as I was opening a page yesterday, was it here on RMWeb or on Facebook?   Either way, once the page opened I couldn't find it again - even looked all over for it on RMWeb, Facebook and Accurascale website - no trace of it, as if it was something which I had either imagined or sublime advertising or something I wasn't meant to see yet. 

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Nobody’s opened a seperate topic for this announcement, ramrig, but there's been a full and ongoing discussion and frothfest on the existing 'More model ideas' topic.  Current front-runners seem to be GW Hawksworth County, Stanier 8F, and rebuilt MN, but there are plenty of others as everybody airs their pet wishlist item, me included (GW 1854 or 2721 half-cab pannier).

To put your mind at rest, cessna, there was a comment in a video featuring AC Fran and Andy Y that there would be a new steam loco, one that had been frequently requested, posted on that topic by Andy on the 15th.  The video that briefly flashed up on your monitor turned up last Friday, so it is well in the public domain and you haven't seen anything you shouldn't. 

If you can wait until 11.05 tomorrow morning, I'll even tell you what it is...

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I mean logically it will be southern or midland or BR Standard. For which i would say MN or 8f, or possibly a std 5mt

But at the same time a 57xx would be lifting an very aged model (body at least) that has wide appeal and numerous prototypes.

My money wouod be on one of these four

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

5 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Other recent kit purchase was a Flatiron which I think is safe.

Jason

YEs.  Can't see much of a call for "flatirons" myself, althoufgh I would be near the front of the queue if one were released in non prototypical BR early crest black !!

• AY Mod locked this topic