Accurascale Takes On Some Hattons Originals Favourites - Warwells, P and Andrew Barclay Tanks

2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

One blessing of DC is that you don't have to endure other people's imposed sounds...

But if there does has to be 'firebox flicker', please can we have a discreet switch somewhere under the loco, which DC users can use to switch the annoying light show off?

There are options you know for those with a penchant for 'modelling'

image.png.7ae6482266610e40be0422f8a946e816.png

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

Well, Well, Well - A First Look At The Warwells In OO!

Following on from the rather exciting news last Tuesday that we had taken on a number of the Hattons Originals toolings, beginning with the Warwells in OO, The Wainwright P Class and the Andrew Barclay tank engines, we can now bring you the first update on these projects.

We will have news of the Wainwright P Class and Andrew Barclay tanks in the coming weeks, but first let's look at the production samples of the Warwell wagons in OO gauge!

group3.jpg.5024253e94c0418455befad97c71da70.jpg

As reported in our announcement blog last week, production of these models is already complete and the models had already been signed off by the Hattons team. We are now responsible for the delivery of these models to market, with any Hattons pre-orders having been transferred over to us and is now logged on our system.

If you have not heard from Hattons, or from us and you do have a Warwell pre-order, please get in touch with us immediately so we can safeguard it for you.

SKUH4-WW-022.jpg.84a6b68f03ad6fedc162ecf17e514634.jpg

We can report that the fit and finish, along with the decoration on these wagons is excellent, and a credit to the Hattons Originals team, making these distinctive wagons really stand out. 

SKUH4-WW-007A1.jpg.74f52b0e8f59a835f6df3f667e2dd8a0.jpg

We can now confirm that these wagons will leave the factory next week for their trip from the Far East to our warehouse in the UK. We envisage them landing with us in April, depending on the continued unrest and shipping disruption in the Middle East. 

SKUH4-WW-006B.jpg.c60b8a62373a02d91e4cdef1b26cb34d.jpg

Although some of the running numbers are now sold out, we still have a selection which you can pre-order via our website for £25 per wagon. Click on the link below if you fancy adding some to your fleet, and be sure to check out Trains4u who have also commissioned two Warwell Wagons in this production run.

Pre-order today: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/50t-kwa-warwell

• Like 13

I note that on the Accurascale website, the warwells which are "sold out" also have the message "more on the way".  Does this mean that the currently sold out versions will become available for further pre-orders at some point?

Thanks

Roddy

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Roddy Angus said:

I note that on the Accurascale website, the warwells which are "sold out" also have the message "more on the way".  Does this mean that the currently sold out versions will become available for further pre-orders at some point?

Thanks

Roddy

It's a bit difficult to read that any other way, isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Some of these wagons have the handbrake wheel on the main chassis, others on the bogies, no doubt reflecting prototype practice.  Given that the brake blocks are on the bogies, I would have thought that a much easier thing to design mechanically, so was there some benefit that warranted the former practice being used at all?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, scottrains29 said:

Interestingly, there is still no sample of the 2000's version with yellow ends.

those are the wagons I’ve got on preorder, ex hattons, which I assume won’t have the modifications

I found an on line article showing how to add the deck extensions and over buffer plates using scrap brass fret bits, unfortunately I don’t feel confident to add the deck extensions myself in brass when they arrive (and also to add them to my Oxford warwells) but I might have a go using plasticard 

https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/updating-hattons-kwa-warwell-wagon-oo-gauge

EDIT: I’ve managed to get some brass strip the right size to do the above conversion so I’m going to give it a go on my Oxford warwells and if it looks ok I’ll do the accurascale ones too

Edited by big jim
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

On 13/02/2024 at 11:03, Accurascale said:

Well, Well, Well - A First Look At The Warwells In OO!

Following on from the rather exciting news last Tuesday that we had taken on a number of the Hattons Originals toolings, beginning with the Warwells in OO, The Wainwright P Class and the Andrew Barclay tank engines, we can now bring you the first update on these projects.

We will have news of the Wainwright P Class and Andrew Barclay tanks in the coming weeks, but first let's look at the production samples of the Warwell wagons in OO gauge!

group3.jpg.5024253e94c0418455befad97c71da70.jpg

As reported in our announcement blog last week, production of these models is already complete and the models had already been signed off by the Hattons team. We are now responsible for the delivery of these models to market, with any Hattons pre-orders having been transferred over to us and is now logged on our system.

If you have not heard from Hattons, or from us and you do have a Warwell pre-order, please get in touch with us immediately so we can safeguard it for you.

SKUH4-WW-022.jpg.84a6b68f03ad6fedc162ecf17e514634.jpg

We can report that the fit and finish, along with the decoration on these wagons is excellent, and a credit to the Hattons Originals team, making these distinctive wagons really stand out. 

SKUH4-WW-007A1.jpg.74f52b0e8f59a835f6df3f667e2dd8a0.jpg

We can now confirm that these wagons will leave the factory next week for their trip from the Far East to our warehouse in the UK. We envisage them landing with us in April, depending on the continued unrest and shipping disruption in the Middle East. 

SKUH4-WW-006B.jpg.c60b8a62373a02d91e4cdef1b26cb34d.jpg

Although some of the running numbers are now sold out, we still have a selection which you can pre-order via our website for £25 per wagon. Click on the link below if you fancy adding some to your fleet, and be sure to check out Trains4u who have also commissioned two Warwell Wagons in this production run.

Pre-order today: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/50t-kwa-warwell

I like this one on your social media!

image.png.f891f8fda4a658e7a9e4f54f7e381d0f.png

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Looks like the Warwells are coming into stock.

Just paid for mine which seemed to be an easy transaction.

Jason

they are expected into the warehouse before the end of next week so we would encourage anyone with an outstanding pre-order to settle the balance up in that time. To ensure timely shipping.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 14/02/2024 at 12:51, reddragon said:

I like this one on your social media!

image.png.f891f8fda4a658e7a9e4f54f7e381d0f.png

What boiler is that. Something superheated and with interior smokebox detail. What unnnounced model might this be?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McC said:

And some photos of the modern warwell now they are in hand with us. 

IMG_7336.webp

IMG_7335.webp

Made my payment today, from the original Hattons order I had placed :)

Edited by Richard RK3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, McC said:

they are expected into the warehouse before the end of next week so we would encourage anyone with an outstanding pre-order to settle the balance up in that time. To ensure timely shipping.

I’ve just paid seeing that and it said 15 days overdue yet I’d had no emails from the account and nothing in spam. 
Similarly it says:

Due today on this

IMG_4645.jpeg.0e408ac069ab80c7d356a62f8bf68547.jpeg

and due on 8th May on the P, 

IMG_4644.jpeg.280e56d79b1da5086fa9b2af419a41b2.jpeg

I thought we would get auto emails but that doesn’t appear to be the case and I assume the Ruston is some way off yet? 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, McC said:

And some photos of the modern warwell now they are in hand with us. 

IMG_7336.webp

IMG_7335.webp

I wasn’t sure whether the new batch would have the deck extension and buffer covers and seeing the pics it’s now obvious they don’t however I’m going to use the guide I’ve posted to further up the page to add them (the article has now disappeared behind a subscription paywall for some reason) but if anyone else fancies doing the same then the brass strip I bought for the side extensions was from Nairnshire modelling supplies on eBay and is exactly the right size as recommended in the article, one strip will do a single wagon and it comes in a pack of 8 (got my 3 Oxford warwells to do too) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114940337420?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=c3QB29bTQJW&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=TJORlFVXTTy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

I’ve just paid seeing that and it said 15 days overdue yet I’d had no emails from the account and nothing in spam. 
Similarly it says:

Due today on this

IMG_4645.jpeg.0e408ac069ab80c7d356a62f8bf68547.jpeg

and due on 8th May on the P, 

IMG_4644.jpeg.280e56d79b1da5086fa9b2af419a41b2.jpeg

I thought we would get auto emails but that doesn’t appear to be the case and I assume the Ruston is some way off yet? 

The due dates are based on estimates when the orders are raised but you will get email alerts (you should have had one today re the warwells?)

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

(you should have had one today re the warwells?)

No, first I knew was the post you made so I went looking at my account and paid for my Warwells about 5 mins before I posted. 
I get the regular emails you send out but nothing today until I paid at 21:02 according to the receipt I got instantly. 
Last email before that was a promotion for the coaches sent on 21st Feb. M

I take it I ignore the 8th May for the P and ‘due today’ for the Ruston then? 

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

No, first I knew was the post you made so I went looking at my account and paid for my Warwells about 5 mins before I posted. 
I get the regular emails you send out but nothing today until I paid at 21:02 according to the receipt I got instantly. 
Last email before that was a promotion for the coaches sent on 21st Feb. M

I take it I ignore the 8th May for the P and ‘due today’ for the Ruston then? 

Odd perhaps check spam as all unpaid warwell orders got an email around lunchtime today. You can ignore all due dates on the system generally until we confirm the stock is in and ready to go. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, McC said:

Odd perhaps check spam as all unpaid warwell orders got an email around lunchtime today.

Yes I did but nothing in there and all the usual emails come straight in the inbox as the receipts and bonus points did straight after paying. 

3 minutes ago, McC said:

You can ignore all due dates on the system generally until we confirm the stock is in and ready to go. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, McC said:

Odd perhaps check spam as all unpaid warwell orders got an email around lunchtime today. You can ignore all due dates on the system generally until we confirm the stock is in and ready to go. 

if your saying everyone got their email yesterday then you can add me to the list of not getting one, checked my spam etc but nothing 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, McC said:

If anyone didn’t get a reminder feel free to DM me to cross check. Thanks!

Are your IT experts able to trace the issue or would the accounts that didn’t get emails help? If so what info do you need as I’ve got a couple of other things as above. Cheers.