Accurascale Takes On Some Hattons Originals Favourites - Warwells, P and Andrew Barclay Tanks

1 hour ago, McC said:

As production for the AB and P had not commenced we can allocate some

of our own capacity to ensure we can fulfill orders based on demand. Hth!

Brilliant, my mate missed out and now he can get in on the P class. Nice one.

• Like 2

I’m not too bothered, I wanted more and had missed out but it appears my original pre-order has duplicated, not sure if this happened to anyone else. 

Just an update to this post, 

Only one order is showing in my order history but I have 2 order numbers, when clicking through the email on the first “order” I get an error. Assume a glitch in the matrix!

Edited by Ravel

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Presumably those of us who would prefer to support a model shop and order our items from there, can do so, provided said model shop is an Accurascale stockist?

I agree, I'd like to support a stockist please.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Presumably those of us who would prefer to support a model shop and order our items from there, can do so, provided said model shop is an Accurascale stockist?

Hi folks,

As per our original announcement, the warwells, P and AB tanks were already taking pre-orders, so in order to preserve anyone who had a pre-order already with Hattons, and to keep the set price the same (warwell) or as close to the price set by Hattons (P and AB) we have to sell this run direct only. However, future runs of these models will be offered to trade like the rest of our range.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Fran and team,

I have seen that you are taking over some of Hattons originals. Are you planning at some point to make any small upgrades to the SECR P Class and the Barclays Industrial locos to have say flickering fireboxes and Next 18 DCC like the GWR Panniers and LNER J67 68 and 69’s.

Thanks Fred

• RMweb Gold

Hi Fred,

This is something we will look at for future runs, and if it's physically possible to include, we would like to. When starting out a brand new model, you have a blank canvass to include these options should you so wish, and plan the tooling accordingly to facilitate space. With small locos already tooled such as these two, it's a much bigger challenge to retrofit these items, but we will certainly investigate and we always enjoy a challenge!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I went to order several of the Barclay industrials and was hoping to pay by installments, but your site wouldn't let me except order them and pay now, or when you have them

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, TravisM said:

I went to order several of the Barclay industrials and was hoping to pay by installments, but your site wouldn't let me except order them and pay now, or when you have them

The minimum installment is £100 ex vat (£120 inc)’ so the partially button will appear for two or more Andrew Barclays. 

See more details here 

https://www.accurascale.com/pages/flexible-instalments

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, stovepipe said:

I'm interested in an AB with the open rear cab sheet, but I'm not sure which versions have that feature on the website. Is it the versions without the cowl around the hand brake wheel?

That is correct. Without the cowl around the hand brake, that is a locomotive that doesn't have the rear cab sheet.

Speaking of these, query about the painted sample of Victory, the original artwork shows the cab to have the round windows, but the sample has the new style of windows. Since this is based off a real loco (and preserved), there are pictures of it with the round windows. I haven't seen any pictures of it with this style of windows. (Ignoring the later modifications to the back windows and additional bunker). Were these windows on the sample for just showing off the tooling, or is this how the product is going to be? (I personally don't mind either, was going to use this for freelance, but since learning it is preserved...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks,

We will be unveiling the decorated samples of the AB within the next week and this will show the cab arrangements of each loco.

We will also do driver and fireman packs for both the AB and P class.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Are some orders still awaiting transfer, or should they all be moved by now?
My AB and P class pre-orders are showing, but my Warwell one is still missing, just wondering if I should wait or chase.

Everything is imported now so if you did not get an email (perhaps it’s under a different email?) then please get in touch. 

10 minutes ago, McC said:

Everything is imported now so if you did not get an email (perhaps it’s under a different email?) then please get in touch. 

Thanks for letting us all know. E-mail sent :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nova Scotian said:

Thanks for letting us all know. E-mail sent :)

That was quick! Nine minutes after I sent the e-mail, Patrick responds (at 10:15pm Ireland time) that my order had been found and linked. He was fantastic the other time I e-mailed too.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 09/02/2024 at 12:49, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Fred,

This is something we will look at for future runs, and if it's physically possible to include, we would like to. When starting out a brand new model, you have a blank canvass to include these options should you so wish, and plan the tooling accordingly to facilitate space. With small locos already tooled such as these two, it's a much bigger challenge to retrofit these items, but we will certainly investigate and we always enjoy a challenge!

Cheers!

Fran 

Sigh...

Do we really need 'flickering fireboxes'...?

As many others have already said, on several occasions, the firehole door would not normally be kept open for any length of time...  It's a bit like putting powerful LED lights in models of oil-lit semaphore signals, you just wouldn't see it most of the time.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8

12 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Sigh...

Do we really need 'flickering fireboxes'...?

As many others have already said, on several occasions, the firehole door would not normally be kept open for any length of time...  It's a bit like putting powerful LED lights in models of oil-lit semaphore signals, you just wouldn't see it most of the time.

No, we don’t need them. However, bear in mind that on DCC it can be turned on and off with or without the coal shovelling sound synchronised to it. The light in the cab does strengthen the need for crew figures. Before you say it, try to arrange the loco so that it is viewed from the driver’s side. That way, it’s not so easy to see that the fireman isn’t actually shovelling. 😄

I can’t disagree about overly bright oil lamps or weak early electric bulbs.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, No Decorum said:

on DCC it can be turned on and off with or without the coal shovelling sound synchronised to it

One blessing of DC is that you don't have to endure other people's imposed sounds...

But if there does has to be 'firebox flicker', please can we have a discreet switch somewhere under the loco, which DC users can use to switch the annoying light show off?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Thanks, all sorted by Patrick first thing this morning. 

A short sentence that says an awful lot about the business.

• Like 6
  • Agree 13