Accurascale Takes On Some Hattons Originals Favourites - Warwells, P and Andrew Barclay Tanks

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, billywhizz said:

Had the DPD delivery notification text this morning for my Warwells. Every Accurascale delivery I’ve had has been on a Wednesday. Coincidence I know but I’m sure someone at Accurscale knows that Wednesday is my wife’s day off and the day I have to go into the office. They must love knowing I will have some explaining to do (again) when I get home. At least it is not justifying 2 class 37’s this time!! 

Just tell Carrie you've been asked to Beta Test them for Accurascale Bill!

Mike.

• Like 3

Just now, Enterprisingwestern said:

Just tell Carrie you've been asked to Beta Test them for Accurascale Bill!

Mike.

I like that one! Thanks Mike, I’ll try it and let you know when I’m allowed home from A&E!

• Funny 4

3 hours ago, billywhizz said:

Had the DPD delivery notification text this morning for my Warwells. Every Accurascale delivery I’ve had has been on a Wednesday. Coincidence I know but I’m sure someone at Accurscale knows that Wednesday is my wife’s day off and the day I have to go into the office. They must love knowing I will have some explaining to do (again) when I get home. At least it is not justifying 2 class 37’s this time!! 

If only Accurascale did an AccuraTrunk service!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scottrains29 said:

If only Accurascale did an AccuraTrunk service!

..or maybe they'd look at what happened to the business that offered that facility...

Edited by spamcan61
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

Arrived today packed in Hattons boxing. Couplining  for 1 end of wagon in accessories bag supplied with wagon

Mine have arrived this morning, very pleased, but all 10 have only one coupling fitted at one end with the other as above in the 'spares' pack, never seen a model delivered like this before! No bother as all being replaced with No. 17 Kadees or Very Short Hunts. Pictured with my two previously acquired modern weathered ones to give me 12.

20240313_171417.jpg.626e8fffb52c2946beb9cf84e16d9b71.jpg

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

Mine arrived today too. Look excellent and also had one coupling in the accessories bag. I don't know how to use the other accessories though as there are no instructions, I've only had a brief look but hopefully I'll figure it out. I'll do a YouTube video / review soon. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AdamInTheAttic said:

Mine arrived today too. Look excellent and also had one coupling in the accessories bag. I don't know how to use the other accessories though as there are no instructions, I've only had a brief look but hopefully I'll figure it out. I'll do a YouTube video / review soon. 

If you look at the ends you'll see three holes in the bufferbeam. Obviously the screw coupling goes in the middle.

Two side ones for the chains.

The bottom one for the vacuum pipes.

All dangling down.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, AdamInTheAttic said:

You haven't mentioned which model you have. But this may assist https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/warwell/e298ff655

or https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/warwell/e3b7e540c   or  https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/warwell/e8d5c324e

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

Had chance to have a good look at the couple of Warwells that arrived earlier. 1st thing that struck me was the weight of the model. I thought the Cavalex Warflat was fairly hefty but these feel heavier. 
Overall, very pleased with them and a nice addition to the growing military rake. Looking forward to the Trains4U one arriving soon to go with these. 
Cheers. 
Bill. 

• RMweb Gold

10 hours ago, billywhizz said:

Had chance to have a good look at the couple of Warwells that arrived earlier. 1st thing that struck me was the weight of the model. I thought the Cavalex Warflat was fairly hefty but these feel heavier. 
Overall, very pleased with them and a nice addition to the growing military rake. Looking forward to the Trains4U one arriving soon to go with these. 
Cheers. 
Bill. 

Nice to have one down the road to go and have a look at!

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

I’ve said it before but the warwell is an absolute pleasure to weather, with all that delicious planking and rivets , dry brushing heaven.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

It's really bloody annoying when you have two wagons in your basket, are putting card details in then it says basket updating due to quantity change. Why can the website not secure your items for a few minutes like other sites do!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Markn said:

It's really bloody annoying when you have two wagons in your basket, are putting card details in then it says basket updating due to quantity change. Why can the website not secure your items for a few minutes like other sites do!

Ok I've calmed down and realised it works both ways so maybe I just need to be quicker. Will tape my card to my phone for easy access next time 🤣

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Markn said:

Ok I've calmed down and realised it works both ways so maybe I just need to be quicker. Will tape my card to my phone for easy access next time 🤣

appreciate its not for everyone, but this is where thinks like Apple Pay or PayPal really do help. can check out within a minute with them set up right and don't need to find the card. like I said tho there not for everyone but they do streamline the process

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, scottrains29 said:

Did any of the modern version come back into stock? I didn't get any notification.

Based on a comment on FB yes but gone within minutes. Got 2 on pre-order with trains4u, might be worth dropping them a line to see if they still have any availability when they release there’s 

11 minutes ago, scottrains29 said:

Did any of the modern version come back into stock? I didn't get any notification.

There were 7 when I opened the emails, had 2 in my basket and managed to get 1 by the time I'd found my card ha.

I've since bought a second from trains4u who still have some.

Edited by Markn
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, scottrains29 said:

if I remember right from other forums, the stock notification emails do not all get sent at once. instead they are sent in order of sign up from earliest to latest. and on top of that, they only send between 1.5 and 2 times the amount of emails for the amount of stock. so if 10 items came into stock, then the first 15-20 people on the list will get an email. I believe that process repeats its self through the list every 5-10 minutes or so. 

that might've changed since it was mentioned and I might've got some details wrong. but it was something like that which was given as an explanation when people were saying they had not had email notifications before. I believe it was in the class 37 forum, or maybe the Mk5's.

Edited by Bryn_Bach_Railway
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/03/2024 at 20:26, gwrrob said:

I’ve said it before but the warwell is an absolute pleasure to weather, with all that delicious planking and rivets , dry brushing heaven.

Work continues...

warwell.JPG.50e3decd74fe2d01b06329598d58556f.JPG

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7

2 hours ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

if I remember right from other forums, the stock notification emails do not all get sent at once. instead they are sent in order of sign up from earliest to latest. and on top of that, they only send between 1.5 and 2 times the amount of emails for the amount of stock. so if 10 items came into stock, then the first 15-20 people on the list will get an email. I believe that process repeats its self through the list every 5-10 minutes or so. 

that might've changed since it was mentioned and I might've got some details wrong. but it was something like that which was given as an explanation when people were saying they had not had email notifications before. I believe it was in the class 37 forum, or maybe the Mk5's.

I signed up almost immediately after they announced them on the 6th Feb but didn't get the stock notification. I guess it just shows there is high demand for another run!

Hopefully the next run will include the deck extensions.

• Like 1

It is said that if you snooze, you loose. I don’t think I ever got around to requesting an e-mail but nevertheless I got one. I went to the site and secured one of the three I wanted, so I think I did better than I deserved.