Accurascale Takes On Some Hattons Originals Favourites - Warwells, P and Andrew Barclay Tanks

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

I’d still not had a notification to pay, checked my spam and junk boxes etc 

all paid now though after seeing the previous posts 

Edited by big jim

Im looking forward to these arriving and if any go spare I may be tempted by one for my MOD workings through Greenford. However as mentioned previously it would be great if Accurascale could get their hands on the warwell and add the end covers to the tooling suite for future runs! (Appreciate it was too late to be considered this time around!)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

Im looking forward to these arriving and if any go spare I may be tempted by one for my MOD workings through Greenford. However as mentioned previously it would be great if Accurascale could get their hands on the warwell and add the end covers to the tooling suite for future runs! (Appreciate it was too late to be considered this time around!)

The production for this run was already nearly complete so there was no chance to review but we were already looking at options for more variants, details and perhaps even loads. 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hopefully that means we will have our stock of Warwells in the next few days.

We still have lots available.

Both versions are suitable from 1990 onwards - a full green KWB and a yellow ended KWA.

we also have 3D printed Warriors and cradles, and we have just announced the FV43x series.  (FV432 APC, FV433 Abbott SPG, FV434, FV436, FV438)

the FV432 will be available to order online this week with other models coming very soon!

Edited by Trains4U
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Trains4U said:

Hopefully that means we will have our stock of Warwells in the next few days.

We still have lots available.

Both versions are suitable from 1990 onwards - a full green KWB and a yellow ended KWA.

we also have 3D printed Warriors and cradles, and we have just announced the FV43x series.  (FV432 APC, FV433 Abbott SPG, FV434, FV436, FV438)

the FV432 is already available to order online with other models coming very soon!

Gareth I’m probably being thick but I can’t see the Warwells on your website - searched under wagons / Accurascale and Hattons but not showing. A search didn’t work either…

im assuming the newly announced military models aren’t in your site yet either?  

my military “diversion” has become rather extensive thanks to you with models plural of most of the kits you’ve released so far!

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Gareth I’m probably being thick but I can’t see the Warwells on your website - searched under wagons / Accurascale and Hattons but not showing. A search didn’t work either…

im assuming the newly announced military models aren’t in your site yet either?  

my military “diversion” has become rather extensive thanks to you with models plural of most of the kits you’ve released so far!

We will get both wagons and the FV43x  vehicles online this week!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, virginhst539 said:

all paid up, the 37s are showing 68 days over due however. guessing there will be an email to get the payment sorted closer to dispatch?

Hi @virginhst539,

Correct, we send them out estimating a time based on the information given by our logistics partners and the factory, but there is never any need to pay for it until the items are in stock. Of course, you can pay it in advance if you so wish, you have the choice either way and the advance warning helps you to plan your modelling budget. Once they land, we will post it here and of course on our social media channels, so you will know it's time to pay then.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, WCML100 said:

Can I ask what you mean by "end covers"?

Is it this section?: image.png.a7cffc08c4c4122b855cf59b4c21f859.png

What was this mod for?

Photo extract taken from Flickr photo https://www.flickr.com/photos/ufg625s/32666546745/

If anyone is looking to load up their modern Warwells

we have Warriors and cradles available to ship

image.jpeg.7a9b6e0d7d7c30f0bc27f2baed300a53.jpeg

https://www.trains4u.com/c/896/OO-1-76-scale

image.jpeg.2762209d8d2927cdfbee11d390f8e1b1.jpeg
we also have the FV432 with equipment cage

which is out-of-gauge for the Warflat, but will sit nicely on the Warwell

image.jpeg.e2040313443e17e7480e4681832ce025.jpeg

and the Mastiff.

image.jpeg.eddf1d5ade528cc4347a9fd511578b28.jpeg

the “Transport” version has the rear axles set to fit the Warwell

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1

The couplings are huge, I wonder why Hattons specified that size.
Having a stash of shorter couplings in pockets I tried fitting one but found it would not fit into the fishtail housing due to an extra bit of moulding I had not seen before, I had to use the supplied NEM pockets.
Couplingpocket.jpg.ea0c183008a8d24b1415f886d200e377.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Free At Last said:

The couplings are huge, I wonder why Hattons specified that size.
Having a stash of shorter couplings in pockets I tried fitting one but found it would not fit into the fishtail housing due to an extra bit of moulding I had not seen before, I had to use the supplied NEM pockets.
Couplingpocket.jpg.ea0c183008a8d24b1415f886d200e377.jpg

Seems to be a common problem across most manufacturers these days. My Warwells happened to be on my desk for weathering.

A Stanley knife and a bottle of superglue are your friends. The bar of the TL is only just proud of the buffers. There is no buffer locking even on the 24” radius curves in my fiddle yard.

The actual couplings are from my bits box. They are shorter than the supplied versions.

IMG_0611.jpeg.f6eb2275cedac3c4e71516a1dbc973f3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Had the DPD delivery notification text this morning for my Warwells. Every Accurascale delivery I’ve had has been on a Wednesday. Coincidence I know but I’m sure someone at Accurscale knows that Wednesday is my wife’s day off and the day I have to go into the office. They must love knowing I will have some explaining to do (again) when I get home. At least it is not justifying 2 class 37’s this time!! 

• Funny 10