Graham Farish - Spring 2024 Announcements

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium

Lovely, thanks!  Looks like walling in the end and inserting the extra windows should be pretty straightforward.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, whoppit said:

Now that's interesting, some of the catalogue pictures online have a different running number and are marked 'return to Eastleigh'......  https://rainbowrailways.co.uk/product/graham-farish-378-028-secr-25t-dance-hall-brake-van-br-departmental-olive-green-n-gauge/

There are 2 versions available 378-028 and 378-028A ... I must have the 'A' version.

I wasn't bothered which as mine will belong to the ScR ... I assume Perth Yard but I can't see the markings on the one photographed in the yard at Ton-na-Faire, Fort William.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by 03060
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, 03060 said:

There are 2 versions available 378-028 and 378-028A ... I must have the 'A' version.

I wasn't bothered which as mine will belong to the ScR ... I assume Perth Yard but I can't see the markings on the one photographed in the yard at Ton-na-Faire, Fort William.

Regards,

Ian.

Thanks for that Ian, looks like I will get 2 then!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, 03060 said:

Regards,

Ian.

The Scottish one is the one I want to do as well.  I have scoured every single Scottish book I have trying to find another picture of it, I only found one which showed just the very edge of it, in exactly the same place next to exactly the same BR brake van and I suspect taken on the same day too,

It must have got up there somehow...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

The Scottish one is the one I want to do as well.  I have scoured every single Scottish book I have trying to find another picture of it, I only found one which showed just the very edge of it, in exactly the same place next to exactly the same BR brake van and I suspect taken on the same day too,

It must have got up there somehow...

I'm just trying a little T'internet search whilst my printing press is running well ... haven't found anything yet though.

7 hours ago, Padishar Creel said:

Rails and Farish have it down for Nov/Dec 2024

es grüßt

pc 

I'm curious if we get many Variants like for the BR Standard 5MT or the LMS Diesel Twins...

On 08/03/2024 at 10:21, Padishar Creel said:

Rails and Farish have it down for Nov/Dec 2024

es grüßt

pc 

Hey! Hope you are ok.

I suppose it saves me a bit of money, having to wait until then. 

Lets hope we get the Fairburns with the Winter 2024 Announcement.

Do you think we could see Thompsons in BR Experimental LNWR "Plum and spilled Milk" Livery?

Edited by Stefen1988

On 08/03/2024 at 17:49, Stefen1988 said:

I'm curious if we get many Variants like for the BR Standard 5MT or the LMS Diesel Twins...

My guess is there will be extras, every model so far seems to have had new running numbers or livery variations land with the previously announced batch, just a cae of duplicate liveries so 2 numbers of one livery, or a new livery to the production batch   

On 11/03/2024 at 13:14, Ed-farms said:

My guess is there will be extras, every model so far seems to have had new running numbers or livery variations land with the previously announced batch, just a cae of duplicate liveries so 2 numbers of one livery, or a new livery to the production batch   

I would think the opposite will be the case, as the Fairburns are one of the final locos announced before transition to Quarterly announcements and deco samples have already been shown. The N Class and 4F which also pre-dated the change to Quarterly did not have multiple running numbers on a single livery variant (for example) It is only locos released since as part of Quarterly announcements that have multiple running numbers.

Edited by Roy L S
Added info

• RMweb Gold

I must say that the Mk1 FOs in INTERCITY Charter livery are very splendid. A pity the bogies have not been decorated but otherwise splendid.

Mk1FO.JPG.658d1757389ca95dadae1bbce0e62d0e.JPG

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, Roy L S said:

I would think the opposite will be the case, as the Fairburns are one of the final locos announced before transition to Quarterly announcements and deco samples have already been shown. The N Class and 4F which also pre-dated the change to Quarterly did not have multiple running numbers on a single livery variant (for example) It is only locos released since as part of Quarterly announcements that have multiple running numbers.

As Stefan said the Standard 5's had new numbers added, and of course the sound for all (doubt the Fairburn will get sound). However samples shown means nothing, Bachmann will have samples now for stuff due in the May or even August announcement but they have not shown them. 

Who is to say they are not keeping those samples hidden away and only showing what is announced at shows

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

As Stefan said the Standard 5's had new numbers added, and of course the sound for all (doubt the Fairburn will get sound). However samples shown means nothing, Bachmann will have samples now for stuff due in the May or even August announcement but they have not shown them. 

Who is to say they are not keeping those samples hidden away and only showing what is announced at shows

I can say categorically that based on what I was told at Warley by a member of Bachmann staff on their stand (so from the horses mouth) the Fairburns will be re runs from existing tooling, so 6 pin DCC socket and not sound fitted. As to further running numbers I would be delighted to be proved wrong but doubt I will be.

Roy

• Informative/Useful 1