Peterborough North

great northern

Gilbert - I noticed 4479's post above and it reminded me, if you are still waiting for your chippy, maybe you could grab your track cutters and have a little nip:

post-8688-0-82885000-1374144887_thumb.jpg

Best if you click it, to see it full sized

Cheers

Scott

• Like 2

Good morning Gilbert

Very nice set of photos, love the A2/3 60514 Chamoisaire and fully agree with LNER4479 comments regarding the first photo, may I ask is it a PDK or DJH Model or is it a Bachmann rebuild.

I have just received an A2/1 60509 Waverley which was built for me by PDK Models, lovely model, as I am modelling Haymarket 64B I am thinking of getting a K4 next.

Please keep the photos coming.

Regards

David

• RMweb Gold

Come on chaps. I know I'm only a Southern softy, but really as a horse-owner (not a racehorse, although one of mine had a relative placed third in the Oaks, I think), I feel the need to point out that the loco name is Chamossaire. He won the St Leger (run at Doncaster, of course) in 1945. I saw 60514 at KX, probably in 1961, at which date the horse was still alive, too.

I am also waiting for some gifted modeller to show us how to easily build curved cassettes.....

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Come on chaps. I know I'm only a Southern softy, but really as a horse-owner (not a racehorse, although one of mine had a relative placed third in the Oaks, I think), I feel the need to point out that the loco name is Chamossaire. He won the St Leger (run at Doncaster, of course) in 1945. I saw 60514 at KX, probably in 1961, at which date the horse was still alive, too.

I am also waiting for some gifted modeller to show us how to easily build curved cassettes.....

Actually I think curved cassettes could be furnished from 3mm ply or perspex for the sides and a 'shaped to required radius' base of (probably) MDF. I think one would probably require a nice saw attachment (or band saw) to do the curvy base but I'd be willing to have a bash at it. Storage would be interesting though!

There is a 'community workshop' that has all the equipment required in The Dukeries Complex at Ollerton (not too far from GB and not so far from Ancaster) but that's only open in term time. I can help you get in there but would have to decline to use it for reasons that I will share only in private :mail:

P

Edited by Mallard60022

I plead the fifth amendment as I copied and pasted from GN's original posting!! :pardon:

• RMweb Premium

Good morning Gilbert

Very nice set of photos, love the A2/3 60514 Chamoisaire and fully agree with LNER4479 comments regarding the first photo, may I ask is it a PDK or DJH Model or is it a Bachmann rebuild.

I have just received an A2/1 60509 Waverley which was built for me by PDK Models, lovely model, as I am modelling Haymarket 64B I am thinking of getting a K4 next.

Please keep the photos coming.

Regards

David

514 is DJH David, and was commissioned before I saw what Tim could do with a Bachmann A2 donor and Graeme King's resin parts.

Any more I might be tempted by would use the latter option.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry Ian, but I did use nearly all the right letters, and nearly in the right order too. Next time I'll read the name plate. As to curved cassettes, you just need some well warped wood. :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Apologies chaps; didn't mean to wake you up. I decided as the weather is so nice I would go to work at 04.00. As I only do 3 hours and 36 minutes per day (officially) then I was home by 06.15!! Sadly I have to return this tea-time to do the rest of the time - pah! This is also a practise run for next week when I have been conned (again; what am I like) into 'covering' at the Bus Station in addition to my proper job. As this is really hard work with a large floor area to mop until totally cleansed and three stinking public bogs, I have decided that instead of working from 18.00 to 20.15, I shall be doing it from 04.00 until whenever (must be before 07.00 as that's when the BS opens!) and then go to my proper job as normal.

What a load of boll**ks. I should be modelling and doing sensible stuff like spotting and eating. Pah!

Quack.

P.S. Bus spotters must not get too excited, it is only 36E BS and that is really, really boring - honestly, it is cr*p.

P.P.S. Yes, it is a Bus Station (see discussion re, argghhhh ", Train Station" elsewhere). 

Edited by Mallard60022

Hi Gilbert,

Great distraction these photos.  Like the B12 and yes to Hornby doing a proper B12.  Maybe one day.

Please don't mention the Cricket, Golf, Le Tour de France, Olympics.  We Aussies are just having a lean patch.  I stayed up a couple of nights to watch the cricket and cycling.  Re: the cricket team, I do think a couple of aussie batsmen just don't have what it takes to step up to test level. I think they need to blood a few younger players. 

Royal Baby, the great gathering, Hornby's woes.

Just keep the photos coming Gilbert, enjoying them.

Mark in OZ

[offtopic]Mark - I think the fact that Cricket Australia were trumpeting the new 20/20 season - for which they've stopped the Sheffield Shield for two months mid-season - says everything about why you're struggling in the 5 day game at the moment. There's a very good article on Cricinfo about it, worth a read.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favour of England winning my a massive margin, but I'd rather we did it against a side which pushed us all the way and really made us work. If this was South Africa we'd be 2-0 down by now. It's much less satisfying than the last series in Australia.[/offtopic]

• RMweb Premium

Your B12 shows what one of these engines should look like..........If only Hornby would revisit the B12. Best get your rain skies ready for tomorrow Golfbert... sorry, Gilbert. :smileclear:

You nearly spelt it right Larry,Goofbert would be more appropriate at present.

Finally a totally irrelevant shot of a very nice water lily in my pond. Well, I thought it looked rather nice, and it made me feel good, so I thought I'd share it.

attachicon.gifPond 1.jpg

It's a wildlife pond, not one of those manicured things, and there are some fish in there, but they wouldn't co-operate.

You've done it now GN, giving that duck somewhere to land... :mosking:

• RMweb Premium

I'd have to be a VTOL drake!

Hope the storms don't make it overflow either.

I've got a real liking for freight stuff these days, having taken next to zero interest in it when it was really there!

Finally it is good that PN is not in the loft having seen the clip on the weather news about a Notts house with the roof blasted away and well ablaze (lightning strike) - ouch.

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I'd have to be a VTOL drake!

Hope the storms don't make it overflow either.

I've got a real liking for freight stuff these days, having taken next to zero interest in it when it was really there!

Finally it is good that PN is not in the loft having seen the clip on the weather news about a Notts house with the roof blasted away and well ablaze (lightning strike) - ouch.

P

Erm, well actually Phil......post-98-0-02528800-1374603114_thumb.jpg

The pond nearly joined me in my lounge a little while ago.post-98-0-66224200-1374603185_thumb.jpg

I can't remember anything as bad as this, both in intensity and in the time it lasted. Those two are of my back garden, and here is the view from the front.post-98-0-86712100-1374603301_thumb.jpg

The other side of those railings was a grassed area- now it is a lake.post-98-0-11413500-1374603391_thumb.jpg

And here is the river which has replaced the road, and my drive. During this we got hailstones so big that they triggered the alarm sensors on my patio doors. The most frightening thing is that we were on the edge of this, all the thunder and lightning was further away. When I could finally open a window, the sound of thunder to the North was just continuous. It sounded like an artillery barrage, and in all my life I have never heard anything to compare with that. We are on top of a hill here, so goodness knows what is happening to people who live down by the Trent, which is where the worst of it seems to be going. It's heading North East folks, so I hope no-one is in the firing line.

• RMweb Premium

Oh G I'm so sorry. It is around 36E  just now but I think the worst is to the east of us. If you do get any flood problems you must tell me and I'll come and help.

This is actually quite a continental style of storm in that it is sheet lightning and thunder is happening in many places at once. 

Hope all is well.