NG7 Announcement (Quarry Hunslet, Slate Waggons & Scenecraft buildings)

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Does the green background imply this is 009 announcement?

That is my thoughts and ties in with them being at the Statfold Model Railway Exhibition

Roy

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Sadly no clues to be seen at all during setting up at Statfold tonight. But given location of announcement and the green background in the video link 009 seems a definite doesn't it. Perhaps a James Spooner to finish off the preserved Fairlies or an NG16 as they seem to be popular wants every announcement cycle. Darjeeling 19B as an outside bet but again no doubt would be popular and could be done in partnership with with the 19b society with donations to the boiler fund.

Would definitely be up for 19B (was at the supporters' day just last week!), especially if they did it in a set with the two carriages.

Also possible would be one or more of Statfold's several resident Quarry Hunslets using the existing tooling.

Much as I'd love an NG16, there's no way it'd fit on my layout (and would a look a bit silly with a 3-coach limit on my loops anyway).

8 hours ago, Karl said:

Sadly no clues to be seen at all during setting up at Statfold tonight. But given location of announcement and the green background in the video link 009 seems a definite doesn't it. Perhaps a James Spooner to finish off the preserved Fairlies or an NG16 as they seem to be popular wants every announcement cycle. Darjeeling 19B as an outside bet but again no doubt would be popular and could be done in partnership with with the 19b society with donations to the boiler fund.

The only given from the green background and the location of the announcement is that it will be a narrow gauge model….. those of us who don’t model 009 still have an hour and a half of hoping left. 

Very interesting, but aligns with the changes to how Bachmann will be announcing new models going forward. The green hints 009 and Statfold is about pretty much all things narrow gauge, but the exhibition itself isn't. Nonetheless I would still put my money on 009, maybe not a loco but a piece of rolling stock.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if it might be a variation on the Quarry Hunlset theme. 

Statfold is home to Michael, one of the Dinorwich 'Port' class, straight frames/full height buffer beam and higher pitched domed boiler.   That would also open up the option of a late Dinorwic era mongrel Dolbadarn, same frames but fitted with an earlier lower pitch domeless boiler as per Alice,

Martin

• Paul.Uni changed the title to NG7 Announcement (Quarry Hunslet, Slate Waggons & Scenecraft buildings)

So the announcement is a new range of 7mm scale models called NG7. The first models are the Quarry Hunslets, Dinorwic Slate Wagons and some Scenecraft buildings.

Liveries to be announced in the Summer announcements.

• RMweb Gold

Wow!  I'm going to find those locos difficult to resist 😮

And great to see Bachmann putting some thought into moving couplings forwards once again.

Only (minor) down side for me is those figures look a bit Camberwick Green.  I thought with 3D scanning we'd finally left Orcs and Hobbits behind.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

But just right for Chigley. The contemporary primary school generation will be retiring fairly soon.

Already have :)

Cheers

Darius

Time flies by when I’m the driver of a train…

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Anyone else noticed that these lovely models are being produced to the incorrect ‘mongrel’ gauge of 16.5mm, equating to 2’4”, rather than the correct gauge of 2’, for which 14mm is the scale equivalent? 

Of coarse I understand why, it’s commercial, but it’s inaccurate. 

Let’s hope an 014 conversion can be produced, which will probably need new or reprofiled wheels to meet the EM wheel standards for 014. 

Hopefully EDM Models will offer a solution…

Dava

Lovely looking models, I feel sure they will find a "niche" in their own right and as a feeder for standard gauge layouts in O too, a great use for Peco O-16.5 track and refreshing to see this mentioned in the video.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1