The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Goodnight all 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Captain Cuttle said:

Well i hope you have more success than i did, originally going to NA hospital some years ago. Now its Specsavers and am attempting my third appointment with them as the new aids are just not working as they should. Now having to source batteries for my older hearing aids and not sure where to go from here. Trustpilot reviews for audiology at Specsavers are dire!

Fortunately it wasn't them. Stop using them when it took them four attempts to test my eyes- took them six months to repair/find an operator for a piece of equipment. Now go direct to a chap who grinds the lenses. Saved a fortune in not having to buy 'designer' frames each time.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

Not Kirribilli then?  That  might be a better place for a hazard-reduction burn.

OOoooh, political.... Unless you are referring to the Snake House at Taronga Zoo, which would be the @polybear solution..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 11

17 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Robbie had some tumours removed from his parathyroid. His symptoms really only presented as drinking a lot and elevated calcium levels. He had a parathyroid hormone test (frozen blood sample sent to special lab) . The vet removed the tumours, they were malignant but slow growing. Back then the parathyroid blood test for dogs was quite new. I had the same test for my parathyroid and had to have it done at the hospital. Done at outpatients clinics routinely now. 

I hope you got a nice bono biscuit and a fresh bowl of water afterwards.

• Funny 17

9 hours ago, Flanged Wheel said:

the oldest footprints found in the Americas (in New Mexico) that are also much older than previously suspected

Consensus is that prior estimates of up to perhaps Ca 13,000 years ago for the Clovis peoples are certainly not the "oldest". There is little consensus on actual "oldest", though Ca 23,000 years is a common conjecture. There are plenty of online sources to support this theory.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 10

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I went to bed a bit late last night so only a little under six hours sleep. No interruptions though but the hip joint on the side I had been laying on was a bit painful but eased when I started moving about. I nodded off in the chair this morning so breakfast is going to be a bit late.

• Friendly/supportive 19

Sunny here too.  Met office says its going to be sunny all day with less than 5% chance of precipitation.  However, temperatures are expected to stay in single figures.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 2