Manchester Central, CLC & GN Warehouses & Castlefield Viaducts

Ron Heggs

• RMweb Gold

Welcome to the Stent Owners Club Ron.

I'm glad you're Ok and the stents will make a substantial difference to your health - when mine were fitted it was literally an instant change from knocking on the door of Hades to feeling ready to face the world again. Did you watch the operation ? - you may have learnt something about threading tubes through small spaces, useful for theatres,

Take care and get well soon - we are all here patiently waiting for your return - but only when you are ready.

• Like 1

Hi, All

I must thank you all for your thoughtful comments and best wishes

Although I look like  a punch bag with multiple needle, and catheter punctures, plasters and bruises, and rattle like a child's rattle with up to eight pills a day, I am doing fine

The op. was carried out under local anaesthetic, and I could follow it on the surgeon's overhead screens - very efficient

No dietary change or restriction on driving, etc. required, but no mountain walking for a month or two

In a couple of days it will be my turn with the scalpel :sarcastichand: 

Best regards

Ron

• Like 9

Ron

Sorry to hear of your illness, eighteen months ago I nearly suffered a heart attack due to 2 large PE's in my lungs. Thankfully due to the skills of the doctors I was back at work after 4 weeks and I think light duties lasted about 3 days. Sounds like you have been lucky as I was, and a full recovery will follow soon. I was luckily enough to have the Olympics to watch to aid my recovery, hopefully its nice sunny and warm where you are.

John

Best wishes, and hoping you have a speedy and strong recovery.

Have lurked on the thread for a while, your modelling is inspirational, and your exploration of new technology is most refreshing.

I hope you are back to your model soon for your sake and that it offers relaxation and inspiration in your recovery.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

Ron

Another one of my modelling hero's almost struck down ..... a timely reminder that non of us are getting any younger.   :no2:

Thirteen years ago I went to the docs with a bit of indigestion, and 18 days later our (currently much maligned) national health service turfed me out of a hospital sporting the scars that go with a full blown quadruple heart bypass... and a rather surprised expression on my face. At the time, as I was a serving fire officer I thought my world had ended or at least changed forever.

Not so. Nine months later I resumed full operational duties and continued with my career till retirement late last year. So, based on first hand experience, if you think I am going to accept the installation of a few little stents as an excuse for not finishing a layout that makes my jaw drop every time I tune in, you can think again. :victory:

Get well soon and crack on with the modelling :heart_mini:

Chris

• Like 5

Ron

Another one of my modelling hero's almost struck down ..... a timely reminder that non of us are getting any younger.   :no2:

Thirteen years ago I went to the docs with a bit of indigestion, and 18 days later our (currently much maligned) national health service turfed me out of a hospital sporting the scars that go with a full blown quadruple heart bypass... and a rather surprised expression on my face. At the time, as I was a serving fire officer I thought my world had ended or at least changed forever.

Not so. Nine months later I resumed full operational duties and continued with my career till retirement late last year. So, based on first hand experience, if you think I am going to accept the installation of a few little stents as an excuse for not finishing a layout that makes my jaw drop every time I tune in, you can think again. :victory:

Get well soon and crack on with the modelling :heart_mini:

Chris

Hi, Chris

Glad to hear of your full recovery from such a major operation to allow you to continue your career up to retirement, in such a physical and stressful job

NOTHING is going to stop or slow down the layout build  :no: , not even threats from SWMBO  :nono: 

Just about to flatten - de-warp numerous viaduct window frames (the usual way clamped between aluminium strips and submerged in hot water for 5 minutes). Then painting the front faces and finally fixing to clear sheet after a quick spray with mounting adhesive - the window stiles are only 0.25mm wide just too fine for any normal adhesive application

This is just six of them before de-warping -

post-10633-0-27708100-1390473525_thumb.jpg

post-10633-0-35157900-1390473586_thumb.jpg

Couldn't have managed this without the cutting machine

Will be back later this evening with more pictures

Cheers

Ron

PS. Thank you everyone for your continuing support, it is much appreciated and a little overwhelming - Thanks

• Like 15