Dapol announce Western in 'N' and 'OO' and 'N'gauge Hall class

Andy Y

thanks Dapol Dave for the clarification that is an expensive year for me I am looking forward to both versions. Iam pleased you are starting with the original Hall which is my personal favourite. I am also pleased to hear aboiut another tender which of course could be the 3,500 gallon (small tender) or the big hawksworth job.

Lots of n gauge name plates around for those asking the question see the modelmaster catalogue on ngauge society website.

Also in my haste earlier to point out the mistake I failed to congratulate you on a model which is clearly as good if not better than the brit.

• RMweb Premium

It's good to know that the 26, 56 and 142 should all be in the shops this year.

It would be nice to see the OO BBA & turbot put through the shrinking machine - there's not enough 1980s wagons about in N.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

• RMweb Gold

over Western Champion, as it could fit in running in the sixties next to a Hall, or in a much more recent scene with some dirty silver bullets in tow,

there's always a Western on 15!

D1015 Wylye 2009-10-14

I'll certainly be tempted by the OO western for railtour duty and good news about the Fliner hoppers too.

Yes Dapol....... PLEASE get the front window profile correct. The first 1/4 length of the widscreen is flat, flattened so the top canopy can be lowered so that the roof mounted horn box is within gauge and doesn't foul the roof line. The JLTRT front is better than Heljan but still not correct.

At the Aylesbury Exhibition last year I saw a 'cab only' front end of an 'OO' model class 52 done by a chap in his own time and expense. It was beautifull and stunning, 100000% correct and if you could get hold of him, or he would come forward, you would have the oppurtunity to produce the best model of any diesel loco of all time.

Could I also ask...... consider producing locos with the shortest names (if possible) so that if we choose to rename a loco we don't have to destroy the paintwork by masking out a model of say WESTERM AMBASSADOR to make a WESTERN HERO.

Thank you chaps ;)

I am delighted to a see a Hall being produced to modern standards. It is a such a GWR workhorse and I will be getting at least 1. But is a shame that the are not producing them in lined black. There were only a handful of green early crest Halls introduced after the WR gained greater autonomy in the mid 50s but before the late crest was introduced. The vast majority of the class were lined black for the early 50s (era 4).

Hopefully Dapol will include a lined black version in future runs or perhaps an enterprising retailer will consider commissioning one.

Of the ex-GWR locos, only the Castles wore green with the early crest for most of the early BR days.

I believe my wallet, credit card and savings account may have just died...

New Halls, Westerns and 56s to go along with the 121s and HSTs that I want to buy? My student loan just isn't going to cover it!

Great to see another GWR 4-6-0 made to modern standards. And definitely a deserving candidate.

26s aren't my thing, but i'd love to see if Dapol could modify the design and knock out a decent 33...

It will be interesting to see how the Dapol Wessie is priced compared to the Heljan "effort" If they are fairly close in price and the Dapol one turns out to be very accurate, I cannot see Heljan ever been able to sell any. I was at Warley some years ago when the Heljan one was realeased with the intention of buying a couple to replace my old Lima ones. I still have the Lima ones today despite their crudity. I'm seriously looking forwards to replacing them with bespoke models. Pleeeeeese Dave, dont release all these hydraulic and NBL products all at once, your going to kill my wallet otherwise! :lol: :D B)

Have a look at my website below and if you move the curser to the right of the home button at the top of the page, it will take to a gallery that includes my Western prototype.

This model is dimensionally correct in every way possible as I spent several months clambering over Western Campaigner before producing a full 3D cadds model. The project has slowed down a bit over the last few years as finding a suitable process for the body pattern that is good enough has been a bit of a stumbling block. The images show an etched version and one using stereo lithography, neither of which were acceptable. The last plan was to machine it myself. Also finding time with work commitments has made it more difficult recently to much modelling.

www.quality-diesel-kits.co.uk

Regards

Mark Humphrys

Yes Dapol....... PLEASE get the front window profile correct. The first 1/4 length of the widscreen is flat, flattened so the top canopy can be lowered so that the roof mounted horn box is within gauge and doesn't foul the roof line. The JLTRT front is better than Heljan but still not correct.

At the Aylesbury Exhibition last year I saw a 'cab only' front end of an 'OO' model class 52 done by a chap in his own time and expense. It was beautifull and stunning, 100000% correct and if you could get hold of him, or he would come forward, you would have the oppurtunity to produce the best model of any diesel loco of all time.

Could I also ask...... consider producing locos with the shortest names (if possible) so that if we choose to rename a loco we don't have to destroy the paintwork by masking out a model of say WESTERM AMBASSADOR to make a WESTERN HERO.

Thank you chaps ;)

really quite worried now i have been doing some research and there are currently 2 halls, Kinlet and Rood Ashton, both on the mainline. oh dear.

In addition to the 3 currently on the main line, Hinderton and Hagley also operated on the main line in the 70s and 80s.

Cheers

David

• RMweb Premium

It will be interesting to see how the Dapol Wessie is priced compared to the Heljan "effort"

Prices for the OO gauge Westerns have also been released - RRP of £129.95 - I have seen being offered for £110ish on Kernows MOdel centre's website.

Archived