Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

Look if you want to start a crowd funder for a small claims court action (with added bailiffs), I can bung a couple of quid in towards it.   

Or alternatively, as a worst case scenario, to pay for bidding and final costs of your loco from eBay.

Personally I would prefer the legal option, this guy needs to know he can't get away with profiting from the sale of others personal items by selling stolen goods. 

Either way, we need to get you reunited with your loco 👍

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

On his profile page, you can give Michael Hartley a thumbs down and there is space there for you to tell eBay your reason.   Having been made to take down the listing under one of his accounts this guy had the cheek to relist on a different account in the hope none of us would spot it.  If enough of us give him a negative rating with explanation from that page maybe eBay will take notice and close his accounts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Paul H Vigor said:

3 bidders active.

Are any of those on here? Just say yes if so, don't identify yourself.

If not, I might enter the auction myself but obviously I'm not going to start a bidding war with the Good Guys.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cessna152towser said:

On his profile page, you can give Michael Hartley a thumbs down and there is space there for you to tell eBay your reason.   Having been made to take down the listing under one of his accounts this guy had the cheek to relist on a different account in the hope none of us would spot it.  If enough of us give him a negative rating with explanation from that page maybe eBay will take notice and close his accounts.

nice one. I’ve just done the same, as you say hopefully someone at eBay will sit up and notice but given the track record of it being reported once before and it being able to be relisted then I wouldn’t hold my breath! 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, cctransuk said:

There is a Michael Hartley, electrician, listed on Linkdn (or whatever) from Blackburn.

Anyone here from the Blackburn and East Lancashire MRC?

CJI.

Yes.

I shall mention this at the club tomorrow night.

(Emails already sent to other club members)

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Looks like the listing has now been removed - again

And promptly relisted! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235083991872?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=sIkm4ZWWSFu&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=TJORlFVXTTy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

At what point will the seller realise he’s onto a losing battle! 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Someone has obviously done a ‘fake’ listing to highlight the ‘real one’ being a stolen item, if it’s someone on here i don’t think it’s really helping the situation, also doesn’t help that the other listing has been removed, im sure things are happening in the background that we as onlookers are not privy to (I hope) 

They would have been better off listing it at a ridiculous price to stop bids, at 99p someone will proabably still bid without reading the description properly 

only plus side might be the seller in Blackburn might report it as copyright violation using his images and draw more attention to himself from eBay! 

EDIT: that ‘someone’ being Bucoops 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Crikey chaps, read my listing please :)

README - JUDITH EDGE KITS - 00 - BR (WR) PWM 650 0-6-0DE DIESEL SHUNTER.

DO NOT BID ON THIS LISTING - I am not selling anything.

If you are planning on bidding on the OTHER listing for this item, please contact Judith Edge Kits FIRST to discuss the legal ownership of this item.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, big jim said:

Someone has obviously done a ‘fake’ listing to highlight the ‘real one’ being a stolen item, if it’s someone on here it’s not really helping the situation, also doesn’t help that the other listing has been removed 

They would have been better off listing it at a ridiculous price to stop bids, at 99p someone will proabably still bid without reading the description properly 

only plus side might be the seller in Blackburn might report it as copyright violation and draw more attention to himself from eBay! 

I have set a reminder to cancel the listing just before it ends. The other listing went about 5 minutes after I put this one up so figured I'd leave it for a while in case it re-appeared. I picked the 99p start to get maximum coverage - you can search with a filter on price.

Edited by Bucoops
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Crikey chaps, read my listing please :)

README - JUDITH EDGE KITS - 00 - BR (WR) PWM 650 0-6-0DE DIESEL SHUNTER.

DO NOT BID ON THIS LISTING - I am not selling anything.

If you are planning on bidding on the OTHER listing for this item, please contact Judith Edge Kits FIRST to discuss the legal ownership of this item.

Looks like this one might be motorised, as it is described as fully operational

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Looks like this one might be motorised, as it is described as fully operational

6 minutes ago, big jim said:

In that case I’m going to put a bid in! 

Rumour has it it's got a Portescap - and a Legomanbiffo Sound Chip....🤣

• Funny 5

OK Guys, I did bid on this item & the auction was cancelled & relisted. I bid again & the auction was cancelled. The seller then messaged me to say

"Hi I am sorry, I am trying to sell this loco back to the original owner who tells me it was stolen from him in 2013. It is all a bit of a mess. I will have to end it again! and relist. Please do not bid. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Mike"

So looks like it is being sorted out now

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 3