• RMweb Premium

The 4mm one is, £56 + £5 postage.

You can send a cheque (payable to Judith Edge) to:

5, Chapel Lane,

Carlton,

Barnsley

S.Yorks.

S71 3LE

If you are ordering online we will send a link to pay with a card (preferred method)

Alternatively you can pay by PayPal to edgemd@aol.com or phone us on 01226 722309 with a card number.

Judith and Michael Edge

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Michael Edge said:

The 4mm one is, £56 + £5 postage.

You can send a cheque (payable to Judith Edge) to:

5, Chapel Lane,

Carlton,

Barnsley

S.Yorks.

S71 3LE

If you are ordering online we will send a link to pay with a card (preferred method)

Alternatively you can pay by PayPal to edgemd@aol.com or phone us on 01226 722309 with a card number.

Judith and Michael Edge

Thank you.  I've emailed you and sent via PayPal 

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Staffordshire said:

A photo of a completed Judith Edge 'Jackshaft' ....

Any comments welcome, I already know what I think ...

Jackshaft.8.jpg

Very impressive. I need to get mine built at some point. It's the H0 version though, and at least Italian wasp stripes are easier to replicate than BR ones!

spacer.png

From https://scalaenne.wordpress.com/2012/01/21/unaltra-locomotiva-di-guerra-la-ne-700/

• Like 8

On 25/11/2023 at 00:32, Staffordshire said:

A photo of a completed Judith Edge 'Jackshaft' ....

Any comments welcome, I already know what I think ...

Jackshaft.8.jpg

Looks good, I built one quite some time ago to EM and the jackshaft axle is where it is powered, black livery.

On 02/12/2023 at 08:57, On30runner said:

Has any thought been given to doing a kit for the EE demonstrator shunters? (Vulcan at KWVR)

I'd certainly go for the EE demonstrators D0226 and/or D0227. I'd also like to see the other LMS shunters, such as 7052 and 7053. Armstrong Whitworth 7058 would be good as would the Vulcan Frichs loco. 

The GWR Simplex loco's would also make unusual models. I missed out on the Impetus kits that were produced years ago. 

Still plenty of prototypes available!

• Like 2

I've said before I'd have an MSC 4001/2, and that's still true.

However, a Simplex would definitely appeal too. Not necessarily a GWR one, there were plenty of industrial examples such as this one that worked for the Co-Op in Salford and later Irlam:

image.png.ed1f67b550d8988f93f5e765b126d7d2.png

The one preserved at Shildon is very similar:

34556111152_3bc2c765a0_b.jpg

I imagine it would fit an N20 micro motor which should be plenty powerful enough for such as small prototype. Weight would be the challenge and those bonnets would surely need to be cast whitemetal. That's partly what's put me off the 3-D printed ones.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I haven't tracked down drawings for the other LMS Hunslets (7052 and 7053) yet but they are definitely in the list somewhere. Vulcan-Frichs would be a real oddball, even more so than the Harland & Wolff we did some years ago (and that doesn't sell very well, we still have one left from the original batch). Unless someone specifically pays me to develop one (usually by asking me to build one) I'm more likely to design what I like than anything else - some you win (e.g. NER electrics) and some you lose (e.g. Hunslet 75T 0-6-0DE) but that's how this business goes.

The difficulty with the Simplex is the usual one of how to drive both axles, easy in 7mm with real chain drive but 4mm needs something clever from High Level to make it go. The Impetus kit was very good but only drive on one axle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 25/11/2023 at 15:33, Michael Edge said:

The Maunsell 0-6-0DE is at a fairly advanced stage, we hope to get it out next year.IMG_1834.jpg.988ec2f424c362649789da5a2e273b3e.jpg

Looks fantastic! What other kits are going to be added to your range in the future?

Cheers.

Edited by Amaziii

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

The difficulty with the Simplex is the usual one of how to drive both axles, easy in 7mm with real chain drive but 4mm needs something clever from High Level to make it go. The Impetus kit was very good but only drive on one axle.

Does it really need both axles driven?, it's not exactly hauling 13 coach trains up Shap!

Mike.