Bacup - Mills in the hills

Jason T

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Jason. Excellent photo's from earlier today. Black and white brings out what is an already outstanding layout to life even more. I think that it also shows just what a great photographer you are as well. Well done.

All the best,

Market65.

Just been catching up on the thread Jason,

Congrats on getting married and on the article in BRM. I really like the latest shots, the 4f is my favourite. 

I like the black and white, but a few colour ones would be nice. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

Quick one for now, more to follow later CopyofAdayinthelife040_zps6a961c08.jpg

Really like the way you've caught the car in the background in my opinion it gives it the photo a lot more depth

Great photos great layout

Brian

A few more shots. This was supposed to be a sort of 'day in the life' thing but I've ran out of time and some of the shots were blurry.

Anyway, here we go. Ivatt 46406 brings in a passenger service, places the carriages in the carriage sidings and then crosses over to the goods yard and picks up a couple of grain wagons. It then heads off to the shed, depositing the wagons at the grain warehouse on the way (the private sidings of which were opposite Bacup shed)

Adayinthelife003_zpsca265bc7.jpg

Adayinthelife011_zpsa9cfc483.jpg

Adayinthelife012_zps82cb44b7.jpg

Adayinthelife014_zpse582acc0.jpg

Some time later, 4F 43880 arrives with a short coal train and is seen simmering in the headshunt, next to a DMU.

Adayinthelife018_zps0d17a664.jpg

I really like this last one, with the little bit of waste land and weeds....you could just be about to go in the back door....

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 6

Hi Jason

It's been a while since my last look at Bacup and a lot has happened in that time.

So congratulations on getting married and getting Bacup in BRM, I enjoyed reading about that and it was well deserved.

I now need to try and keep up and watch your kit building as that is something I need to do so I can actuaally get some stock on my layout.

Keep up the good work and photography on what has been and still is one of my favourite threads.

Jim

Hi Jason

Superb photos as always...

So good that they almost tempt me to give up the blue diesels and go back to modelling end of steam in ex L&Y country!

Not sure if I posted in the lounge before... but if not - congratulations with the article in BRM. I even bought a copy for the first time in many months.

Regards

Alan

• RMweb Premium

Morning Jason,

Truly inspirational as always! Are you still finding 'things to do' as well as playing trains?

Thank you and kind regards,

Jock.

Hi Jock,

always plenty to do although not specifically for Bacup at the moment, more for The Mill and also for an as-yet unplanned EM gauge layout which will obviously be L&Y in nature but back-dated slightly to allow more interesting classes of locos.

As such, I'll pop an update in The Mill thread but the Aspinall Radial 2-4-2 kit belongs here and yes, I know I have a lot of cleaning up of solder to do but the Belpaire boiler was an absolute swine to affix. It probably doesn't look like much has been done to this since the last time I posted up photos of it. In reality, not much has, but I did add the spectacles to the cab windows, the dratted Belpaire and the front mounting nut.

Thingsinprogress005_zps33c98996.jpg

Thingsinprogress005_zps33c98996.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Lots, mate. And lots still to go.

The more time I spend on kits, the more I enjoy building them to the point where it is a pleasure rather than a chore now.

• Like 5

Evening Jason

A few days ago I was given a pile of Back Track magazines.

I was wondering if you'd seen Vol 19 No5 May 2005? There's an article on the Facit Branch including photos of the junction outside Bacup Station and the derelict engine shed. Most of the photos are dated 1955 and show very run down locations at - Broadley, Facit and Shawforth. The only Bacup shot is the one showing the Cravens unit in the platform and the Black 5 with brakevan.

Alan

• RMweb Premium

Hi Alan,

I've not seen that one but will chase a copy down. The photo of the Cravens and Black Five is the one to blame for all of this :)

Cheers,

Jason

• Like 2