Bacup - Mills in the hills

Jason T

You were considering the Calder Valley line on another thread and as I did not want to intrude on it, I have posted a couple of pictures here....

47108 passing through Todmorden Station with Ellesmere Port-Leeds tanks on 29th September 1981....

post-6680-0-78632500-1413573860.jpg

The sun tries to penetrate the cloud and rain at Todmorden as the 16.45 Manchester-Scarborough DMU approaches the junction with the Copy Pit line on 28th September 1981.....

post-6680-0-83033600-1413573863.jpg

Ex-Scottish Region 40062 with rebuilt nose incorporating a route indicator is glimpsed in the short gap between Summit Tunnel East and Summit Tunnel with a heavy westbound freight on 29th September 1981.....

post-6680-0-52619000-1413573865.jpg

• Like 18

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll give it a shot mate but they take AGES (says he who has built 15 of the things now)

They are already half built, so all you need to do is take them apart and re-do them PROPERLY, hahhahaha, it will then give you two more for the Bacup roster.

• RMweb Premium

Come to think of it, the 13 ton steel open was one of the ones you gave me too mate, still in it's bag.

The LNER 5 plank was a very old Parkside kit and I guess that the tolerances didn't used to be as good as they are now, as I had to remove a ton of flash and use Microstrip at the four corners to hide the huge gaps. I regauged the OO wheels to EM for both.

• RMweb Premium

Would love to but my plans for Saturday have already been changed once by the Missus to be more couple orientated......

See you back on here in about 15 years then...

......with a pushchair, papoose and a backpack full of Thomas the Tank engine goodies. :mosking:

We have all been there. :yes:

• Like 1