EBay madness

Marcyg

Only £1 delivery? Almost worth bidding the 1p starting price just to see (well imagine) the guy's face when he sees how much it costs to post it these days.   Perhaps £1 was reasonable when he first started listing it. :)

Perhaps he thinks people will glance at it and think it's coming from Sheffield!

• RMweb Gold

Only £1 delivery? Almost worth bidding the 1p starting price just to see (well imagine) the guy's face when he sees how much it costs to post it these days.   Perhaps £1 was reasonable when he first started listing it. :)

If you look at his feedback, he got his fingers burnt by charging £4 for some computer memory which would have gone in a small jiffy bag eg for the price of Large Letter stamp.  Now he'll get burnt again (if anyone buys) as I don't think you can put those bits into an envelope/packet that will cost less than £2.60 these days!

• RMweb Gold

I have never sold anything on ebay, but have bought quite a bit. One of the obvious dodges when selling is to see what your item has sold for recently, not least to manage your own expectations. So this chap obviously didn't bother

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DCC-TSUNAMI-SOUND-On30-Greenbrier-Big-Run-Baldwin-4-6-0-Steam-Loco-32-/390622350912?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5af2e80e40

I recently bought an identical item, also brand new, sealed boxed etc., etc., for one third of that price from a boxshifter on ebay US, paying about 50% more postage, but still considerably less than 50% of the total price on offer here. How do people expect to sell anything?

• RMweb Gold

Another one from Rails-Vault of things they've bought in.  I don't know about madness but the winning bidder certainly needs a bucketful of stoicism.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-Gauge-Kit-Built-LNWR-Class-G2-Super-D-0-8-0-Steam-Locomotive-/171070187018?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item27d493e60a

I wouldn't call that 'fair' condition, as they do,...... more like poor/ a wreck.

• RMweb Gold

I have never sold anything on ebay, but have bought quite a bit. One of the obvious dodges when selling is to see what your item has sold for recently, not least to manage your own expectations. So this chap obviously didn't bother

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DCC-TSUNAMI-SOUND-On30-Greenbrier-Big-Run-Baldwin-4-6-0-Steam-Loco-32-/390622350912?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5af2e80e40

I've never sold at BIN price. I've always let the market decide,  except a few that I listed with a reserve price. All auctions were a good to moderate success.

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5af2e80e40

I recently bought an identical item, also brand new, sealed boxed etc., etc., for one third of that price from a boxshifter on ebay US, paying about 50% more postage, but still considerably less than 50% of the total price on offer here. How do people expect to sell anything?

His BIN price is exactly the current RRP for this exact model in stock with Bachmann UK!

Keith

• Like 1

If you look at his feedback, he got his fingers burnt by charging £4 for some computer memory which would have gone in a small jiffy bag eg for the price of Large Letter stamp.  Now he'll get burnt again (if anyone buys) as I don't think you can put those bits into an envelope/packet that will cost less than £2.60 these days!

He was rather unlucky with the memory. Firstly, only selling it for 99p to someone who then complains about postage, which would have been clear before bidding. 1GB of RAM for a fiver doesn't seem bad to me, especially when you bid (and win) twice. (It should have been sent in conductive packaging of course.) The Tri-ang junk will certainly cost £2.60 - small packet .

Another one from Rails-Vault of things they've bought in.  I don't know about madness but the winning bidder certainly needs a bucketful of stoicism.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-Gauge-Kit-Built-LNWR-Class-G2-Super-D-0-8-0-Steam-Locomotive-/171070187018?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item27d493e60a

Boy!, makes my kits look like they where built by a pro....

Admittedly not the worst thing they've had in.

They do occasionally have amazing bouts of generosity (or more likely bidders' lack of interest) - I once successfully bid for an unbuilt kit, and then found that the box contained parts to build two engines rather than just the one!

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

And by adding "Not Triang Hornby Or Meccano" he has managed to get into the lists of three other manufacturers, pursuers of which will not be the slightest bit interested. Needs the pineapple treatment.

• RMweb Premium

Kit built?.

Pretty much everything from our Warwickshire dealer that isn't obvious RTR is "kit-built" and expensive. Long may he remain a favourite of the madness if only for the entertainment value............................ :sarcastichand:

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

And by adding "Not Triang Hornby Or Meccano" he has managed to get into the lists of three other manufacturers, pursuers of which will not be the slightest bit interested. Needs the pineapple treatment.

A stupid and tiresome habit by some. I generally look away when I see such feeble attempts to get one's attention.

• RMweb Gold