EBay madness

Marcyg

http://www.ebay.co.u...aiety&_osacat=0 At the last reckoning this load of doo-doo from our friend in the Cartmel toyshop has been up for 6 years+ now!

Well he has a new type of paint which we just call "BRASS" http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-KIT-BUILT-00-GAUGE-LOWMAC-BRASS-WAGON-/271055202921?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f1c262a69&_uhb=1#ht_1150wt_952

• RMweb Premium

Well he has a new type of paint which we just call "BRASS" http://www.ebay.co.u...1#ht_1150wt_952

BUILT IN ENGLAND

KIT PRODUCER UN-KNOWN

'00' GAUGE

YOU ARE BUYING A HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER AND HARD TO FIND

If the kit producer is unknown, then how do you know it's highly sought after and hard to find?

Does it have "Built in England" underneath?

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

BUILT IN ENGLAND

KIT PRODUCER UN-KNOWN

'00' GAUGE

YOU ARE BUYING A HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER AND HARD TO FIND

If the kit producer is unknown, then how do you know it's highly sought after and hard to find?

Does it have "Built in England" underneath?

Cheers,

Mick

I have contacted him pointing the kit No is 431012 in the Blacksmith range and there is 4 pieces missing which should be there as well. Also brass is a metal not a paint.

• Like 5

Well we all know that he's a 'toy/collectables' dealer. I still wonder why most of his stuff isn't put to auction instead of BIN. More likely to shift more stuff at auction.

because he thinks that he knows what it's worth. That's why he's has that GWR tank on site for about 6 years.

• RMweb Gold

You can say what you like but the geezer has 100% feedback. :no: Now thats rare.

With the sort of margin he is generating he can afford to buy good feedback. Any problem - he refunds generously, I have no doubt. Just a different business-model from most ebayers, that's all.

• RMweb Gold

With the sort of margin he is generating he can afford to buy good feedback. Any problem - he refunds generously, I have no doubt. Just a different business-model from most ebayers, that's all.

Trouble is there's nowt so queer as folk. Anyone selling on ebay is lucky to get away with no negatives or neutrals. If you look at other sellers, quite often they've refunded and still got red mark from buyers!

I had one neutral from a guy who said bogie on dmu was damaged but he'd replaced it. Never got in touch with me before leaving feedback - really annoying.

I was really lucky with one buyer. He'd asked various Q's as he'd been caught before on similar item. I checked it before listing. When he got the loco it was dead as a dodo - absolutely no reason to think he was trying it on. I gave immediate refund and he sent it back and gave positive feedback, but I've seen plenty of sellers in same position get neutral/bad feedback from exactly the same situation.

• RMweb Gold

Must say the only time I left negative feedback was for a £600-odd transaction for a secondhand Nikon lens with new RRP of £1500. I put it on the camera and just knew it was wrong - was livid. Cost me £170 to put right. All righteous indignation at the other end. So he gave me bad feedback, too - sellers could, then.

The case of the "Sound Box" is now down to £24.56, the 3rd bidder has cancelled their bid - Mistake on Bidding !!!!!!!!! I bet they are a relieved person

Back down to£5.00, 2nd bidder has bottled it "or finally realised" this item can now be removed from this thread :no: As it is no longer ebay madness ??? is it ??

Edited by muddys-blues
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Premium

Amazing! but honest with images to show just unbelievable that there are actually bidders. Do folk bother to look and read or just bid without thinking?

Not really. I would be tempted for spares - the cab LED units, PCB, motor, bogies and parts of the bodywork such as vertical radiator grilles and extended fan housing for converting other 31's. Even the chassis could be repaired and reused under a Lima body.

I wonder if some unscrupulous person will buy it for a cheap deal, and then report to Hornby that it's a failed chassis.

Cheers,

Mick