EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

A bargain from our friend Gostude? Surely not! But £10 for a Tortoise point motor + connector tab is well below RRP!  Grab some if you need them .... 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CIRCUITRON-800-6000-O-GAUGE-ELECTRIC-POINT-MOTOR-SLOW-MOTION-SWITCH-MACHINE-mv-/360748865896?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item53fe4ed968

Did anybody partake?

I went for six. They were in tip-top condition and arrived pretty quickly.

I've decided to go for another six!

He now only has 5 left.

Keith

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Did anybody partake?

He now only has 5 left.

Keith

Now he knows where you live :O

• RMweb Premium

Did anybody partake?

He now only has 5 left.

Keith

So will they fit your layout properly, as I see you purchased the 'O Gauge' versions?

• RMweb Premium

Runs well, but needs new springs and brushes? I've found that they don't go at all without them. Must be me.

• Like 2

Not only can I not see this one selling, I can't even see it properly!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-coco-diesal-/141081498457?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item20d91cd359

Hornby coco diesal class 56 in inter city grey needs new springs and brushs but is a good runner the springs are the lthin ones and the brushes arethe bullit ones needs 2 of each but have been unable to find a supplyer for the springs  has no bo

How can she run well, if she needs new brushes and springs??  ("Hornby Class 56 brushes" on eBay brings up several suppliers, just for a start!) and what does "has no bo" mean?

• Like 1

Don't know. Not a bad price if it is what it looks like, a Brio-compatible item. I don't think small children have nightmares about stock not being true to prototype, unlike the scary uncle who comes round and tells them their coaches are a scale 1.4" too short ;)

Edited by C&WR
  • Like 2

Hornby coco diesal class 56 in inter city grey needs new springs and brushs but is a good runner the springs are the lthin ones and the brushes arethe bullit ones needs 2 of each but have been unable to find a supplyer for the springs  has no bo

How can she run well, if she needs new brushes and springs??  ("Hornby Class 56 brushes" on eBay brings up several suppliers, just for a start!) and what does "has no bo" mean?

"has no b o" - it doesnt smell, its only his listing that smells bad

a bad photo of a Hornby Class 47 described as an  Intercity Class 56, that is a good runner but doesnt have brushes or brush springs - therefore cannot run? mind boggling

• Like 2

That "56" is a Co-Bo by the look of it!

• RMweb Premium

So will they fit your layout properly, as I see you purchased the 'O Gauge' versions?

I think they shrunk in the post.

It was raining cats when postie arrived with the parcel!

BTW it was listed as second class postage but Gostude sent them First class tracked and signed for.

Keith

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

With the rest of his lousy spelling, it probably means 'no box' - but its just a guess.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think they shrunk in the post.

It was raining cats when postie arrived with the parcel!

BTW it was listed as second class postage but Gostude sent them First class tracked and signed for.

Keith

Lucky then!

That "56" is a Co-Bo by the look of it!

The HST he has listed is also a 56 according to the description. At least. I think that's what it says:

Hornby 00 coco diesal class 56 inter city grey power and dummey cars for use on 3rd rad curves good runnerneeds a a good run in some wireing on both cars need to be sorted for lights also needs 2 springs and brushs theses are the bullet brushs and the thin springs

Is there a gibberish to English translator anywhere on the web?

If it doesn't sell with an unrealistically high reserve, why not relist it again as a BIN with no offers at the same high reserve and waste another listing fee. This item have 8 watchers (it had more last time) some of whom might have bid to a fair sale price. Still there may be some mug along to fooled into BIN. (Bargain It is Not)

Don't know. Not a bad price if it is what it looks like, a Brio-compatible item. I don't think small children have nightmares about stock not being true to prototype, unlike the scary uncle who comes round and tells them their coaches are a scale 1.4" too short ;)

I wasn't referring to fidelity to prototype (even though that is non existent)  or even its price (Brio costs nearly as much as proper trains), just it's hideous appearance. :jester:

• RMweb Gold

An iffy model of a rather early prototype, but 1826 would seem a bit too early.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIT-SCRATCH-BUILT-BURY-2-2-0-LOCO-LONDON-BIRMINGHAM-RLY-of-1826-00-Gauge-/310759659542?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item485ab81816

Not least because construction of the L&B was only started at the end of 1833.....

• Like 1