EBay madness

Marcyg

49 minutes ago, Ray M said:

I have still got 1 of those Triang P6 controllers, wired up to my wheel cleaner.

It works a treat.

Bet the lights dim a bit when you're using it though.....:drink_mini:

Edited by MartinWales
typo
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

Funnily enough the same item sold for £11.57 recently.  Maybe the buyer got cold feet?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jouef-Class-40-D210-Empress-of-Britain-Spares-or-repair-HO-gauge/313136490745?hash=item48e863a8f9:g:GJ0AAOSwHGBfAKGb

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Can understand there is a market among collectors for empty boxes in good condition, but have to wonder who would buy a box in this condition for a run of the mill Hornby wagon.   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Railways-R106-Edwin-Badland-6-Pank-Wagon-OO-Scale-Box-Only-First/174338070636?hash=item28975bd86c%3Ag%3A1HcAAOSwHeRfALWh&LH_BIN=1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cessna152towser said:

Can understand there is a market among collectors for empty boxes in good condition, but have to wonder who would buy a box in this condition for a run of the mill Hornby wagon.   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Railways-R106-Edwin-Badland-6-Pank-Wagon-OO-Scale-Box-Only-First/174338070636?hash=item28975bd86c%3Ag%3A1HcAAOSwHeRfALWh&LH_BIN=1

From a clueless junk dealer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

I'd have thought the best you could do for that would be as a "plus" with another, slightly better model.  They could always hang on to it until they got a working Lima 33 in for sale and bundle them.

Then again OO/HO?  Don't they know that Lima did two completely distinct 33s?  One in OO and one in HO?  Which is it?

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Geoff Endacott said:

On a scale of 1 to 5 the body condition is 2. I hate to think what 1 would look like.

Geoff Endacott

I believe their scale goes down to 0...

I would be the first to admit that I have made a total dog's breakfast of any number of things over the years, but I see all kinds of ham fisted baboonery in all walks of life. This afternoon I was asked what I thought of a bicycle someone had just bought. The adjustable rake headstem was broken, so some mechanical genius had beaten a two inch wood screw through the aluminum and wrapped it in electrical tape. The bars could have broken off at any moment with predictable results

I think it would be safer for everyone if some people would stick to sitting in a corner eating crayons.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I would be the first to admit that I have made a total dog's breakfast of any number of things over the years, but I see all kinds of ham fisted baboonery in all walks of life. This afternoon I was asked what I thought of a bicycle someone had just bought. The adjustable rake headstem was broken, so some mechanical genius had beaten a two inch wood screw through the aluminum and wrapped it in electrical tape. The bars could have broken off at any moment with predictable results

I think it would be safer for everyone if some people would stick to sitting in a corner eating crayons.

Some crayons contain asbestos.

Just an observation :D

26 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Some crayons contain asbestos.

Just an observation :D

Perhaps that is a broader claim than the evidence reveals.  It seems that there may have been a very limited number of chinese products identified in the USA, but not in most.  Those products should not have been available on any market and would have been easy to nominate, rather than a general comment about "Crayons for children's use".

Just "another" observation.

Julian