EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

To be fair some Poole era Farish items could become a kit of parts rather easily when trying to replace yet another dratted cracked gear and giving up,  Definitely not worth that much for a tarted up old tooling Farish 37 though, sixty to seventy five tops....

I wonder if this is one of the usual suspects with a new Ebay username?  Seems the same kit built spiel I have seen before and has been highlighted in this very thread many a time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Railfreight1998 said:

MINT BOXED

PERFECT - Hardly Used.

Its been resprayed, its not in its original box and the left hand aerial is bent.  A fail on all counts!

The only thing that can be said for it is that the respray is neatly done.  Not like the artexed OO gauge coaches we've seen previously...

7 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Its been resprayed, its not in its original box and the left hand aerial is bent.  A fail on all counts!

The only thing that can be said for it is that the respray is neatly done.  Not like the artexed OO gauge coaches we've seen previously...

I suppose it’s also a rare appropriate use of the phrase ‘professionally refinished.’

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Railfreight1998 said:

In Gosturds world everybody makes kits, he doesn't sell anything manufactured!

Mike.

• Funny 2

Guest Half-full
10 hours ago, Hroth said:

More like a dodgem pick up pole, look at the size of it.

Fail indeed though, N'Thusiast was the much missed(!) Dave 'Mate' Jones of DJM infamy

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Andy WD said:

I appreciate that some people have limited knowledge outside a 'train set' but.....!!

Actually, that's not too bad @ 50p each, whether you decide to use them for mounting motors or for  their intended purpose ;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, MartinWales said:

He should do! I know the fella and buy stuff often from him......^_^

And?

Just 'coz you buy stuff from him doesn't make it right.....................

:rofl::crazy:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Shill bidding was mentioned earlier...

I recently won an auction, but looking at the list of bidders I was intrigued to see the following “names” (they are always anonymised)...

a***a

g***g

j***j

o***o

r***r

All in one auction ... I mean, statistically, what are the chances of getting so many bidders for whom the first and last letters of their names are the same?

Steve S

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

I recently won an auction, but looking at the list of bidders I was intrigued to see the following “names” (they are always anonymised)...

a***a

g***g

j***j

o***o

r***r

All in one auction ... I mean, statistically, what are the chances of getting so many bidders for whom the first and last letters of their names are the same?

Steve S

Aren't the bidders identities just random five digit strings?

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

a***a

g***g

j***j

o***o

r***r

Steve S

One of the auctions mentioned last week had two bidders pushing the price to ridiculous levels. The bidders were, 6***5 and 6***9.

If you want to see a large quantity of questionable listing descriptions, try seller Rocket Railways....

I can't believe some of the descriptions...

Ok, Trix with the PECO type couplings could be mistaken as Hornby Dublo....could... ;)

But the Budgie "Jinty", a " non runner", no stuff Sherlock...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114286810241

Possibly something to do with the lack of a motor...and if someone actually tried this on live track, most certainly a short circuit would result...it's a diecast toy... :dontknow:

Note, no photo of the underside! :no:

Oh, and no...not repainted either...

What did they think it was? :dontknow:

Edited by Sarahagain
more added
  • Informative/Useful 2

14 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

a***a

g***g

j***j

o***o

r***r

Steve S

The 'names' are entirely ebay generated and bear no relation at all to the actual username. The ebay algorithms are very good at picking up attempts at shill bidding. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Sarahagain said:

If you want to see a large quantity of questionable listing descriptions, try seller Rocket Railways....

I can't believe some of the descriptions...

Ok, Trix with the PECO type couplings could be mistaken as Hornby Dublo....could... ;)

But the Budgie "Jinty", a " non runner", no stuff Sherlock...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114286810241

Possibly something to do with the lack of a motor...and if someone actually tried this on live track, most certainly a short circuit would result...it's a diecast toy... :dontknow:

Note, no photo of the underside! :no:

Oh, and no...not repainted either...

What did they think it was? :dontknow:

I could only get to the end of page one before rage at his incompetence got the better of me, how does he sell anything?

He's no David Bailey either.

Mike.

• Agree 1