Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

• RMweb Premium

Well that seems to have given footplate toilets a good airing, what about the bee in gents urinals in Germany?  An aiming spot I know but evidently not successful as toilets now have an alarm fitted to sound when the seat is raised. It is to promote sitting down for a number 1 to save splash back.   .    

That is actually an old joke that can be seen in some UK urinals, The Latin for BEE is APIS

• Like 4

Worst case is when this type is on a train.....

A work trip to China in 1990 included an overnight sleeper service. Strange feelings squatting over a hole in the floor watching the world (and one's doings) go by about 60 mph....................

You can also do this on the RhB, albeit at 50kmh and on a proper toilet seat...

• RMweb Premium

So, not the shovel then?  :nono:

:jester:

The shovel was used for cooking breakfast (bacon, eggs and sausage). It was usually into an old newspaper and then into the firebox. (As told to me by an old engineman.)

The shovel was used for cooking breakfast (bacon, eggs and sausage). It was usually into an old newspaper and then into the firebox. (As told to me by an old engineman.)

Oh, there are/were stories about the shovel - best not to upset your mate...  :O

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

With the track sleepers being supplemented by the occasional log.   :smile_mini2:

I believe that the French CoRail stock has the same arrangement, certainly the one I used had a direct discharge pipe.

Jamie

Funnily enough I was checking out the removal of the discharge pipe from the No 2 nose end of a Deltic only yesterday. :wacko:

You'd need Steady Aim to hit the target in that thing at 100 mph!

• Like 1

Certainly the old Italian coaching stock from the 1970s had direct discharge, which I and others found amusing when we were bored stiff in the rear coach of a Milan to Rome train on a school trip to Rome, dropping soft drink bottles down the hole and watching them smash into smithereens from the window in the rear corridor connection.

As late as 2010 there were still coaches on The Canadian that used DD and as a result the last hour or so of the trip into Vancouver the toilets were locked so the track crews didn't get showered. Holding tanks have put a stop to that now.

Veering back to the OP, what has any of this to do with railway shows?

Cheers,

David

:scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

As late as 2010 there were still coaches on The Canadian that used DD and as a result the last hour or so of the trip into Vancouver the toilets were locked so the track crews didn't get showered. Holding tanks have put a stop to that now.

Veering back to the OP, what has any of this to do with railway shows?

Cheers,

David

:scratchhead:

Perhaps we ought to install some large size direct discharge shoot accessed via a trap door somewhere near the pay desk, but only operated after they had paid for admission.   My wife's sense of smell would select many likely candidates. 

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 2

Certainly the old Italian coaching stock from the 1970s had direct discharge, which I and others found amusing when we were bored stiff in the rear coach of a Milan to Rome train on a school trip to Rome, dropping soft drink bottles down the hole and watching them smash into smithereens from the window in the rear corridor connection.

In the mid 1990s Berlin's Stadtbahn - the four-track elevated line winding its way east-west across the centre of the city - was extensively renovated (with the odd find of unexploded munition buried in the ballast) and the new tracks were concrete sleepers integrated directly into the concrete base ("feste Fahrbahn" - not sure what the English term is) and the tracks overlaid with a sort of infill like this:

Berlin_SBahn_HackescherMarkt_east.jpg

and it didn't take long before the long-distance (Fernbahn) pair - on the left in the picture above - were streaked with what appeared to be semi-pulverised toilet paper.

• Like 1

I can't help (despite my best efforts) thinking a lot of posters have spent a lot of airmiles and/or money seeking disgusting toilets.

For a fraction of the costs and time taken, a visit to any pleb class carriage/coach lavatory frequented by cranks on tour is akin to a Dante-esque Trip Advisor review.

I dread to think what that particular compartment of a past its best Mk1 might've looked like after a Footex in the '80s...(shudder).

C6T.

You new around these parts?

If you want to see a truly disgusting toilet, please see the attached, taken after one of my wifes infamous sprout curries the other night...........

post-4569-0-60662700-1470128894.jpg

If you want to see a truly disgusting toilet, please see the attached, taken after one of my wifes infamous sprout curries the other night...........

Yep, that's one that will definitely need chopping up!

Edited by Porcy Mane