Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

A particular favourite in the Far East....

They are dying out here in Japan, land of the Heated Musical Toilet Seat, in fact this is becoming  a problem with primary school children as many schools are one of the last bastions of the squat toilet, but many if not most children these days haven't encountered them.

FWIW the Japanese variant is an oval/oblong "tray", so your feet rest on the floor to either side of the drop zone - not as traumatic as the French version.

Has anyone mentioned the German/central European style yet, where you sit down but there's a ledge as interim resting place for the number 2s?

Edited by railsquid

Has anyone mentioned the German/central European style yet, where you sit down but there's a ledge as interim resting place for the number 2s?

I remember encountering one of these when I was on an exchange visit to Gemany, aged 14. I was told then, but I can't vouch for its veracity, that it's so that one can inspect one's 'creations' as part of your 'health self-checking'. It's a German thing?

American pans seem to have a massive lake that you can watch your doings swim around in, and they fill from the bottom. Always been intrigued how the flows work in those, but not enough to google it...

Though you get more splashing, they generally don't need a brush afterwards.

• RMweb Premium

Looks like you need to spend six months training with Bomber Command before being deemed competent to use that.

P

A schoolfriend of mine told me tnat when he went to France on holiday, his father used to emerge from the squatter each morning giving a report along the lines of " 2 direct hits, one near mis and one miles away."

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

I remember encountering one of these when I was on an exchange visit to Gemany, aged 14. I was told then, but I can't vouch for its veracity, that it's so that one can inspect one's 'creations' as part of your 'health self-checking'. It's a German thing?

Also fitted for some reason to many of the buildings at RAF Boscombe Down near Salisbury

More like goes down the pan!

Certainly flushing away the 'orrible puns :D

Also fitted for some reason to many of the buildings at RAF Boscombe Down near Salisbury

Boscombe Down, eh? Isn't that near Porton Down?

*taps finger on side of nose...*

Edited by MarkC

• RMweb Premium

Yep Porton Down is just down the road maybe a couple of miles, My Dad made the mistake of volunteering back in the 1950's so he could be back near home and visit his Girlfriend, My Mum 12 miles away, where we later lived.  He has breathing difficulties now, which he attributes to Porton, (ignoring 20 years of smoking).

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Premium

Many moons ago when this thread was about "what to do to get lynched at a model railway show" there was something about those without deoderant...

We have finally reached the solution......

Send them to Porton Down....

They had them in Prague when I went on a school trip. As we subsisted on a diet of chocolate, the local version of Frazzles and vodka the results were 'interesting'

Assume this is the type, I think known as a Moroccan toilet.

toilet1.jpg

This was in basement garage in my house in France. Unfortunately we got rid of it as it was ideal spot to plumb in rest of system!

One of my daughters keeps bringing up story of how we stayed in house at first, and she had to visit the creepy toilet. To be fair I used to make sure I visited before it got dark.

Another of my daughters complained about these basic toilets on drive down to south of France.

Nice pissour!

Organise a show with this as the only convenience.

Edited by andytrains

The first time I encountered these types of Pans was when tendering for the constuction of a tourist facility in Phillip island here in Australia. We had massive trouble as the plumbing authorities did not approve the fitting!

We latter found out the reason to install the squat pans was for the Japanese tourists who went to see the Penguins tended to balance on the western pans and made a massive mess!

All of the above is still some what disturbing!

• RMweb Premium

The first time I encountered these types of Pans was when tendering for the constuction of a tourist facility in Phillip island here in Australia. We had massive trouble as the plumbing authorities did not approve the fitting!

We latter found out the reason to install the squat pans was for the Japanese tourists who went to see the Penguins tended to balance on the western pans and made a massive mess!

All of the above is still some what disturbing!

Where's the Too Much Information button. However I am aware that airlines have the same problem with Middle and far eastern customers.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

However I am aware that airlines have the same problem with Middle and far eastern customers.

Jamie

I've experienced this very thing - and on a BA flight too :(

Awful doesn't begin to describe it :O

There's not enough height to stand on the loo on a plane. I can't even stand upright I them

I find that planes are very difficult and uncomfortable to stand on, whatever the purpose. They are, however, excellent for weighting down track while the glue dries :jester:

post-7091-0-51596100-1469539740.jpg

There's not enough height to stand on the loo on a plane. I can't even stand upright I them

Are you never worried you may get your foot stick under that pivoting plate?

Well that seems to have given footplate toilets a good airing, what about the bee in gents urinals in Germany?  An aiming spot I know but evidently not successful as toilets now have an alarm fitted to sound when the seat is raised. It is to promote sitting down for a number 1 to save splash back.   .