Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

• RMweb Gold

So back on thread

Abbotswood is appearing at the Glos Warwicks diesel gala next weekend. If Smoky Joe makes an appearance there could well be a lynching!

Hee hee

Phil

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Selling deodorant to the smelly brigade prior to entering a show ! If you get my drift ? :))

Customer: " I'd like some deodorant please"

Seller: "Ball or aerosol?"

Customer: "Neither. It's for under my arms"

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So - had a trip to Dublin a couple of weeks ago

Took 3 underarm de-odorants with me....

To be sure to be sure to be sure.....

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Which is what I said to my cousin in 1990, whilst Interrailing into Austria from Budapest, after some smelly Swedish people vacated our compartment.

• RMweb Premium

It's even funnier if you try saying it in a Scandinavian accent...........

Cheers,

Mick

I thought it was still legal to perform over the rear offside wheel of a chara'?

Only for the professional driver and it is a local bye law so not necessarily in every area. Also it is only an adequate defence against the charge of urinating in public and the magistrate has limited power of discretion these days.

You chaps have brought back fond memories of my first visit to the continent, circa 1967.

Disembarking from the old ferry at Ostend (and it was a proper ferry then, with a sharp end and a curved end, none of this roll on-roll off nonsense) I found myself needing to pass water. Having visited the facilities and relieved myself, I was astonished to be confronted by an ancient crone demanding payment. 'Sorry, Madame,' I said, 'I've only got English money.'

By gestures and expressions she indicated that this was cool, and was propitiated by the handsome sum of 2d in copper.

At that point in my life, my flabber had never been more gasted.

• RMweb Premium

Is it my imagination but no-one seems to have mentioned the dreaded "foot plate" toilets in La Belle France? :no:  

aka "squatteroonies", particularly challenging when wearing ski boots and a one-piece ski suit .....

Assume this is the type, I think known as a Moroccan toilet.

toilet1.jpg

This was in basement garage in my house in France. Unfortunately we got rid of it as it was ideal spot to plumb in rest of system!

One of my daughters keeps bringing up story of how we stayed in house at first, and she had to visit the creepy toilet. To be fair I used to make sure I visited before it got dark.

Another of my daughters complained about these basic toilets on drive down to south of France.

Edited by rue_d_etropal

Assume this is the type, I think known as a Moroccan toilet.

toilet1.jpg

This was in basement garage in my house in France. Unfortunately we got rid of it as it was ideal spot to plumb in rest of system!

One of my daughters keeps bringing up story of how we stayed in house at first, and she had to visit the creepy toilet. To be fair I used to make sure I visited before it got dark.

Another of my daughters complained about these basic toilets on drive down to south of France.

That's the one. The 'hole in the floor' type... Also seen in Indonesia...