Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium

Ah, but paint the exhaust red and it could represent a Cherry Bomb (cherry whistler, as we used to call them) added by some young lad with the belief that noise equals speed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

six Bachmann bodie bolster C's in the works.  EM wheels inserted, couplings removed, incorrect GWR brake gear hacked off.

No picture since they just  look like 6 Bachmann bogie bolsters with there brake gear cut off.  I need to build the correct brake gear following Marks instructions earlier in this thread.

Andy

John well spotted, be afraid, be VERY afraid!

He did scratch his head, but fell off, so he now uses his pat pending blue tak boots!

As for scratching 'lower'..........Dhobi itch anyone? (one for the Ex RN/RM contingent on here!). :O  :no:  :O

Edited by BlackRat
  • Like 3

A thought on BC surfaces in the 60s.

One of the textures/ surface materials widely used in the Black Country and elsewhere in the Midlands in the Victorian Era for pavement (sidewalk) and for yard surfaces was a Blue Brick block with a diamond (anti-slip?) pattern. These were 9"x4.5" and typically 1.5" to 2" thick. Vast quantities of them were still around in the 1950s (certainly outside my Grandmother's house in Wolverhampton in 1960).

They can still be found on Industrial clearance sites, and in some of the more run-down areas of BC.

I do not know of a scale version of these bricks in paper or plastic, but they are, in my mind, a typical surface feature of the area.   

(I need some of this texture for my Bridgnorth model too, the Photo below was taken in the approach to the lower station at the Cliff Railway in August 2012. Whew! my shoes look reasonably clean!)

post-136-0-00851700-1361633001_thumb.jpg

Edited by DonB
  • Like 4

And an implausibly-long, fibreglass aerial - preferrably of a citrous hue (lime green or lemon yellow seemed to denote the fastest vehicles). Am I 'in-period' for BCB?

Cheers,

BR(W).

Think so, I passed my test in 1974, first car was an RAF Blue Morris 1100, Springalex steering wheel, twin Su's, no passenger floor & an 8 foot or so long, lime green radio aerial. But no radio.....!!!

keith

• Like 2