RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

Well the Greeks want the Elgin Marbles back, will it be Wales asking for Stonehenge next? ;) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56029203

CEB50A8D-488B-4604-889A-BEC1EE8BCAE7.jpeg.3bb7eb458a8c312d3c82f7f6bf15cd3b.jpeg

Ruddy Druids!

I think we can safely say that they've been in Wiltshire for far longer than they were in Pembrokeshire, and that the original owners brought them with them when they illegally migrated to England...

But I can see loopy Welsh Nationalists spraypainting illegible demands in Welsh, calling for them to be "repatriated".  On the English Heritage signage...

Edited by Hroth
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, eastglosmog said:

Actually, it was just a dry run assembly to check everything fitted together and worked, before fulfilling the export order.......

It's quite safe then.  They'll never manage to complete all the paperwork now required for that!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, MartynJPearson said:

ebay has clearly been around longer than we thought.

"You'll never believe what I did when I was drunk last night. I've just bought a stone circle. And it was local collection only"

Not as bizarre as the real story.

Some local landowner bought it as a present for his wife. She didn't like it so he gave it to the nation.

There is debate whether this is true, but he got a "title" after giving it to the nation so it might have been a means of paying for that title. A bit like the "cash for honours" row a few years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Chubb

Jason

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

ADVICE NEEDED

I am thinking of giving my wife roses for valentine's day but the internet is coming up with conflicting advice, it is a minefield of etiquette and superstition, should I give her 6, 12 or just give her the whole tin?

Edited by Al51
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Al51 said:

ADVICE NEEDED

I am thinking of giving my wife roses for valentines but the internet is coming up with conflicting advice, it is a minefield of etiquette and superstition, should I give her 6, 12 or just give her the whole tin?

Definitely the whole tin, but don't get caught timing how long it takes to eat them all!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7

8 minutes ago, Al51 said:

ADVICE NEEDED

I am thinking of giving my wife roses for valentine's day but the internet is coming up with conflicting advice, it is a minefield of etiquette and superstition, should I give her 6, 12 or just give her the whole tin?

5 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

Definitely the whole tin, but don't get caught timing how long it takes to eat them all!

If Roses are a bit "toastrack", how about these?

image.png.81251c91b7dbce00a5a0deec8f3ced19.png

And you don't have to say anything.....

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

Another thing to remember, if you get offered one, take it, it's an order, even if you hate them.

But whatever you do, NEVER take more than one. If you do regardless of how many you actually take, you risk being accused of eating 'most of the tin'!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

What's wrong with the usual bunch of flowers, Ginsters pasty and barbeque fuel?

... I knew I had forgotten something!

• Funny 4