The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Nick C said:

I've heard several stories of American tourists asking at Gatwick airport ticket office for tickets/directions to Stratford. If the booking clerk was in a good mood they might ask if they actually mean Stratford upon Avon...

I was asked whilst in America, when realising I was a Brit "Do you know so and so?", as if the UK only has a population of a few dozen.....:)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

14 minutes ago, melmerby said:

I was asked whilst in America, when realising I was a Brit "Do you know so and so?", as if the UK only has a population of a few dozen.....:)

I was asked that and the answer was yes!

It was somebody I drink with. Happened at a bar in Las Vegas and neither the person I know nor the person I was talking to had any connection with Vegas. Just a coincidence.

Jason

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, melmerby said:

My late father was back in the UK for his only trip back.

The first stranger he had a conversation with, asked him if he knew a particular person who lived in Melbourne.  The answer was yes, he lived across the road from my father!

So not just Yanks. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

116869514_3241791889175321_8883554745237783577_n.jpg

Somebody's taking the p1ss out of me........I'm the one one on the left:(

Mike

Edited by ikks
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

17 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

The problem was there actually was....

That's why they needed these guys.

spacer.png

He was just a comic foil for Mannering.

ARWs told people to turn light off or cover windows when they'd been left on during a raid. And I doubt there were many who wouldn't comply and threw bricks at the ARWs and chased they off with knives as seems to happen now with the police.

Edited by grahame

29 minutes ago, grahame said:

ARWs told people to turn light off or cover windows when they'd been left on during a raid. And I doubt there were many who wouldn't comply and threw bricks at the ARWs and chased they off with knives as seems to happen now with the police.

The difference being that in 1940 there was no wavering by the government as to whether blackouts were a Good Thing™ or not. 

Edited by billbedford