The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

On 27/08/2020 at 23:50, Sarahagain said:

WD 40? ;)

On 28/08/2020 at 00:08, skipepsi said:

OUCH

On 28/08/2020 at 00:38, jcm@gwr said:

Smelly!

Also very flammable!

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Alex TM said:

Hi everyone,

Saw the following yesterday.  Try and enlarge the image as far as you can, and you'll see what's been done.

IMG_0670.JPG.d1c1456f983eda1fbcb10e916f703eee.JPG

Have fun.

Regards,

Alex.

Donald Trump's atlas?

steve

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Alex TM said:

Hi everyone,

Saw the following yesterday.  Try and enlarge the image as far as you can, and you'll see what's been done.

IMG_0670.JPG.d1c1456f983eda1fbcb10e916f703eee.JPG

Have fun.

Regards,

Alex.

No I can't see what's been done. For instance Australia and Greenland are a direct swap, but Canada and India are not. Please explain.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 30/08/2020 at 06:15, kevinlms said:

No I can't see what's been done. For instance Australia and Greenland are a direct swap, but Canada and India are not. Please explain.

I can't see it either - I've seen them before done by population or GDP,but that's not either. 

• Like 1

On the map, a quick google image search shows that we're looking for logic where there's only art.

Tam Joseph's 'Handmade Map of the World'

See for example https://artdaily.cc/news/90357/Ben-Uri-acquires-Tam-Joseph-s--Handmade-Map-of-the-World-#.X01CZWdKiL5 for a full blurb, but essentially:

An immediately arresting and thought-provoking work, The Hand Made Map of the World examines the arbitrary nature of borders and territories, underlying issues of nationhood and the fact that where we are born is merely an accident of fate. By playfully reordering conventional geographies, blurring boundaries and suggesting new and unexpected possibilities, Tam Joseph has created what has been called a picture of an ‘alternative reality’...

Plus, a Youtube interview with the artist:

Edited by eastwestdivide
Youtube link added
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, eastwestdivide said:

On the map, a quick google image search shows that we're looking for logic where there's only art.

That's art with an "F", I assume.

An immediately arresting and thought-provoking work

Well, it certainly puzzled us all as we tried to find a logical reason for the jumble.  Once the reasoning is revealed, it becomes the nonsense that much "art" is nowadays.

• Agree 2