A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, 57xx said:

Does ANTB run post 1948?

If the stock is of a quality I'll bend my rules.😉Banana traffic ceased during WW2 and as there's no photo evidence to the contrary , bauxite will do for me at the moment. @Islesy is the man to ask as he did the thorough research for this model.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Excuse the poor camera phone photos but I thought I'd shew you the excellent quality of the packaging for the Accurascale banana vans. These models are really something else indeed. They are superb and look at that underframe detail. More anon.

IMG_0867.JPG.12e097b9676aae82ffb21ea794ba9db1.JPG

IMG_0868.JPG.ed491b3d558bb86110a53cad93541057.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG.a9afa81fe2b83c0c34e048512e4ab8c8.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG.6abf2f3849d728cc9165be8e98a87d2a.JPG

Very nice looking models. Is it me or are boxes getting bigger and more fancy?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Is it me or are boxes getting bigger and more fancy?

I'm all for it as it adds to the shopping experience.😉

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

I'm all for it as it adds to the shopping experience.😉

Makes it almost as difficult as sneaking 0 gauge stuff into the house!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Makes it almost as difficult as sneaking 0 gauge stuff into the house!

These are a Christmas present from the children from December 2022.😉

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

If the stock is of a quality I'll bend my rules.😉Banana traffic ceased during WW2 and as there's no photo evidence to the contrary , bauxite will do for me at the moment. @Islesy is the man to ask as he did the thorough research for this model.

Ah, Rule #1. 🙂 I'm not interested in them myself, I was just curious on the livery choice.

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, 57xx said:

Ah, Rule #1. 🙂 I'm not interested in them myself, I was just curious on the livery choice.

You've had me questioning my memory but a post on the relevant thread by @Islesy October '22 confirms. It was validated by SR guru Mike King which is good enough for me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah ok, the S prefix had me thinking these were post nationalisation livery. As others were also questioning on the link you sent, I didn't realise the SR dropped the R on their wartime livery.

My reading of that thread is that while bauxite was adopted during the war, the small ‘S’ prefix would have been a post-nationalisation feature.

I’ve found a 1946 pic with one still in stone so it seems not all got the bauxite treatment during or immediately after the war.

Edited by BenL
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, BenL said:

My reading of that thread is that while bauxite was adopted during the war, the small ‘S’ prefix would have been a post-nationalisation feature.

Some judicious weathering from @toboldlygo will hide that then.😉A photo in the pamphlet that comes with the models also shews a stone liveried 50886 taken in 1938.It has the post-36 style lettering.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, gwrrob said:

The shopping information on the left of the solebar suggests that these are post-nationalisation.

I'm also intrigued by the variation of colour below the solebar (nice to see blackened wheels by the way, if not axles...).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

The shopping information on the left of the solebar suggests that these are post-nationalisation.

I'm also intrigued by the variation of colour below the solebar (nice to see blackened wheels by the way, if not axles...).

Judicious changing of an 8 to a 6 required!

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

I've fitted the extra pipes and screwlinks as supplied in the polybag. In my opinion these are cosmetic use only as they are very fragile. Extra close Hunt couplings bring the gap down nicely although a sliver of packing card is necessary to stop the slop in the NEM socket. Here they are behind my replacement Dapol mogul which has had the smokebox door changed to a correct GWR version.

DSCN9263.JPG.127b5f2ab2ee6591fbc009383af6474d.JPG

DSCN9264.JPG.e10b35c3e223b0d05b6529117609dbb3.JPG

DSCN9265.JPG.f46a94b0901bee362e90a76291a08171.JPG

DSCN9266.JPG.45ea7a7be3cca46e112fc1740b63a7a6.JPG

DSCN9267.JPG.fb3d6513a0b66a4e3a37883f064af93a.JPG

Daylight come and I wanna go home.

• Round of applause 4
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Just spotted this , if anyone's interested?

Screenshot_20240303-164125-475.png.f540e00d937e27c39aea3fa9c03d7f34.png

Cheers 

PS: Excellent seller, I've bought loads off her over the years without issue 👍

Edited by Tim Dubya
Gibba
  • Like 11
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

It's great following the NTB thread. Some really interesting discussions and GWR talk.

I have just ordered a GWR 'Mink A' Dia. V14 No. 89268, GWR grey post-1936 livery. Looking forward to its arrival.👍

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Kevin Johnson said:

It's great following the NTB thread. Some really interesting discussions and GWR talk.

I have just ordered a GWR 'Mink A' Dia. V14 No. 89268, GWR grey post-1936 livery. Looking forward to its arrival.👍

That's one of the ones I ordered @Kevin Johnson and as it's vac fitted will need some instanter couplings.😉

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

That's one of the ones I ordered @Kevin Johnson and as it's vac fitted will need some instanter couplings.😉

Hi Robin just as it happens I received some instanta couplings from Accurascale the other day 😉

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

I have just ordered a GWR 'Mink A' Dia. V14 No. 89268, GWR grey post-1936 livery. 

Courtesy of Kernow.

89268.jpg.28c9cd49603adde57b7c229a2eabc1fb.jpg

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1

The new Rapido rolling stock looks nice again. I have four items pre-ordered with RoS, but have fallen victim to the Expired Credit Card During Long Wait syndrome. All sorted out over the phone, so only a couple more days to wait.

Also three Banana vans coming from the opposite end of the country, I guess that as these were a slightly later announcement my payment card must have had acceptable dates!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

I like the shade of grey for the post-1939 roofs. Would perhaps benefit from a very thin brown wash.

An excellent example of a manufacturer listening to customer feedback.

Edited by gwrrob
spilling
  • Like 5