A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, RapidoCorbs said:

incidentally on one of the new GW vans there's an easter egg but no-one's spotted it yet to my knowledge.

It's a bit hard to miss isn't it?

Frys.png

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

£784

That's a lot of bananas. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, BWsTrains said:

I beg to differ.

To me the final section of this epic video, from 12:50 on to the end, as 6024 races into Yatton at full steam, captures the real passion of steam. Footplate and fireman lit up by the glowing firebox, an effect crying out to be emulated.

Yes, that's true and I've seen my fair share of cabs illuminated by the firebox at night, which it will be, provided the main firehole doors are at least partially open and it's dark enough to see the glow.

But how many of us operate our model railways with a night time scene? It's very effective, if done well, but for the majority of us, for the majority of the time, it will be a 'daylight scenario'.

Great video, though.

• Like 3
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold

For pannier lovers , Steve had updated models to be seen although I didn't take any photos. Refinements to the wheels and other details have been undertaken now as advised by Mike @The Stationmaster . He's already working on the next batch for these too, including a GWR liveried 8750 version. Livery samples hopefully by the middle of the year.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

FA Cup Semi Final Special coming up soon at ANTB then Rob. Double Headed

Brilliant result matey. Will be waving to you going in the opposite direction next Season as well perhaps?

Meanwhile, down the Road from me. Lincoln City have scored 17 Goals in three games!

ATB all at ANTB.

Phil

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

KR Models were also present and absolutely nothing more to be seen on their proposed Mica.

On the plus side that leaves less to be offended by…..

I didn’t make it over to Accurascale,  but did get to Rapido given they were pretty close to my stand.  The BSet is looking really good!  Getting half tempted to get one of the new wagons as well, just as a visual point of reference for doing some brake gear upgrades…

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

FA Cup Semi Final Special coming up soon at ANTB then Rob. Double Headed

Brilliant result matey.

Absolutely buzzing after that Phil, it was a good omen seeing the Wembley arch from the coach window of the Avanti service to Euston. I might struggle to get a ticket for the semi though.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Thanks for the photos, Robin, always interesting to see.

In retrospect I should have took some of the panniers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

An enjoyable trip to Ally Pally yesterday and it was nice to catch up with the latest news on forthcoming GWR stuff from @rapidoandy and @RapidoCorbs at Rapido and @Steve Purves and @Accurascale Fran from Accurascale.

Kindly taken out of the cabinet I was able to take a few shots of the EP's for the O18 and N19 wagons.

DSCN9281.JPG.dfeb8be8b963a0a0c135187a0f810f7f.JPG

DSCN9282.JPG.a25a19d5689dcb766cd99ded9db2bf1d.JPG

DSCN9283.JPG.f80891c18815d8248a58ec281238749e.JPG

DSCN9284.JPG.8da418add5a9c1c81b67991aeb7e0443.JPG

DSCN9285.JPG.d7ca1899cd0a6a8f51fc5723501665f1.JPG

Nice. The brass door bangs are a step forward in my opinion, finer profile but strength. 

Now... If only they would produce a GWR clay wagon to the same standard. Got to be loads of clay layouts that would take a rake or two....

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Now... If only they would produce a GWR clay wagon to the same standard. Got to be loads of clay layouts that would take a rake or two....

I would imagine others have asked Rapido that same question Chris @2ManySpams 😉

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

In retrospect I should have took some of the panniers.

Perhaps someone who is going to Ally Pally today could oblige....

• Agree 1

Good morning Robin,

Buzzing here too!

Will do my utmost to get a semi -final ticket for my son and myself.

After all, it's only been 37 years since our last FA Cup semi, and I don't think I will make another 37 years to the next one ( telegram from the King time) 😂.

Thanks also for the Rapido wagon photos, I have one of each on order with RoS. Looking forward to these arriving, BR format for me.

Cheers, Nigel.

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Absolutely buzzing after that Phil, it was a good omen seeing the Wembley arch from the coach window of the Avanti service to Euston. I might struggle to get a ticket for the semi though.

And changing trains at Crewe yesterday afternoon,I heard announcements of the cancellation of a number of Avanti services due to “train crew issues “ which is a daily occurrence apparently,so you were perhaps lucky to complete your journey. Earlier in the week,one of our party was marooned coming down from Carlisle on the WCML to Chester. So if any of you are thinking about a journey with Avanti make sure you thoroughly check your train will run.As one who’s been there & wears the shirt.Often these are quite literally last minute cancellations which really throws the gubbins into the works.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Are you two talking about some kind of sport?

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1