A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Oh, is this manufactured by DJM then?

It seems to me (on this particular example, at least), that the cylinders should be angled down a little more. Certainly the cylinders/slidebars and piston/crosshead assembly should all be at the same angle, surely, and intersecting the centre of the middle axle?

Other examples in Andy Y's photos clearly show the cylinder and sidebars at the same, increased, angle. It's not all bad news!

Loving the gaps around the number plate and the piston rod & crosshead that doesn't line up with the naff looking slide bars, shame the rest of the body looks nice. :tomato:

And here I was thinking it was a nice little model!

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

Oh, is this manufactured by DJM then?

It seems to me (on this particular example, at least), that the cylinders should be angled down a little more. Certainly the cylinders/slidebars and piston/crosshead assembly should all be at the same angle, surely, and intersecting the centre of the middle axle?

Looks to be an assembly error as one of the other BRM samples appears to be absolutely right.  Might therefore be tweakable (not that is should  be necessary to do any tweaking of course).

Just reading the review of the birdcage stock in MR, delightful models, you Southern modellers will be drooling. Any seen west of Exeter.....

Agree, but have you seen the nice pictures on the Dapol site of the streamlined railcar!!! - page 18

I have no 8 on order........

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Agree, but have you seen the nice pictures on the Dapol site of the streamlined railcar!!! - page 18

Perfect for your masterpiece but were they ever seen on the South Devon banks, highly unlikely.

• RMweb Gold

Just reading the review of the birdcage stock in MR, delightful models, you Southern modellers will be drooling. Any seen west of Exeter.....

I suspect not. The former-LSWR lines had plenty of their own Pre-Grouping stock, and the Birdcages were still in use on former-SECR lines until supplanted by Maunsells, themselves made redundant due to Kent Coast Electrification, in an era - pre-Beeching - when branches were being closed anyway.  

• RMweb Gold

I'm tempted Kevin but I would have to wait a while if I want one I had Drysllwyn Castle, Rood Ashton Hall and a Heljan 1361 for my birthday this week, I'm like Rob it wasn't seen in Devon

so rule 1 would have to be invoked.  :D