A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

You can stay in Cliburn signal cabin on the Eden Valley branch near Penrith, it seems to have had an extension to the rear though, you can also stay in the weigh office, cosy...

http://www.cliburnstation.co.uk/

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.6277364,-2.6430771,3a,60y,55.39h,86.77t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1si1VNRYDF_b5-YVOQqL-yLA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Ooh! That's a top notch conversion. Looks really lovely.

It was still very tatty, when Not Jeremy and I visited it in 1994.

I wonder if Belah signalbox has been similarly converted? It was just a derelict shell when we visited.

More 7mm stuff, further progress made tonight

post-20303-0-13756000-1537311712_thumb.jpg

post-20303-0-25436100-1537311721_thumb.jpg

Wheels temporarily placed to see how it sits. I've ordered a set of sprung suspension units from Connisseur Models so that the axles will be independent of the cosmetic frames ( please excuse the second shot, I realised that the axle isn't sitting correctly after photographing it ! ).
Obvious items come to light once photographed which will be altered or attended too later.

G

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

More 7mm stuff, further progress made tonight

attachicon.gifIMG_0186.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0187.jpg

Wheels temporarily placed to see how it sits. I've ordered a set of sprung suspension units from Connisseur Models so that the axles will be independent of the cosmetic frames ( please excuse the second shot, I realised that the axle isn't sitting correctly after photographing it ! ).

Obvious items come to light once photographed which will be altered or attended too later.

G

So now we have a double slip, a tandem and a standard point...

Rather than bathe in a typical British wet afternoon I have indulged in some nostalgia which is a happy release from the rain and maybe what we are all trying to replicate in one form or another ?

I expect many of you have seen these before but I thought I would remind myself of what used to be.

G

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Top drawer Grahame.

This was the inspiration behind Sheep Lane.

Even allowing for the obvious errors in continuity, this is a fabulous record of the premier West Country railway..........

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Rather than bathe in a typical British wet afternoon I have indulged in some nostalgia which is a happy release from the rain and maybe what we are all trying to replicate in one form or another ?

I expect many of you have seen these before but I thought I would remind myself of what used to be.

G

Thompson/Gresley(?) Steel Brake at 8m14  part 1 & and an Airfix parcel at the end at Highbridge.

Lovely. I just love his poetic way of speaking and his poetry is brilliant; I always hear his voice when I'm reading any of it.

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

25c plus here on the shore of Lake Lugano.Breakfast and other meals taken under the sun or stars.No sign of Autumn here yet. Manchester Airport shows 13c on landing from Milan Can we cope with the shock ?. Only rail interest here is a glimpse of Stadtler emu crossing the lake south of Lugano and the yards at Chiasso.Arrivaderci La Dolce Vita.Hello Arriva Trains.

• RMweb Premium

https://www.hattons.co.uk/346120/Tasma_Scenics_TAS074210_Broccoli_and_Cauliflowers_pack_of_18/StockDetail.aspx

Put into boxes and loaded into a cattle van, these would be ideal for a train from Ponsandane Sidings.

Cor Blimey, each one of them nearly cost as much as a real one. :derisive: