A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

My biggest problem is not when I get stuck, but I reach a point where I go and wonder off and start something else. Hence the GT3 hasn't had anything done to it, apart from a new tender coupling for yonks and even more yonks. It runs nicely. You should have seen the look of puzzlement on Mr Duck's face as he tried to work out what chassis I had used. It is two strips of brass with some little bits joining them and some holes for the axles, finished off with a motor and gear mounting thingy.  Easier to build than the little diesel shunter chassis I have made for myself.

It's my Arthuritearse of the thumbs that slows me down building stock I can work one day and nothing for the rest of the week

till I can coax the swelling to go down. :umbrage:

• RMweb Gold

Maybe I'm being hyper-critical, but I'd have expected to see some scuff marks on the bolster beams, where loads have been placed.

Give me a chance Stu, I haven't loaded it yet. :jester:

Castles and LMS Jubilees are my favourite 4-6-0 types, I think it's that taper boiler that makes them look like they are eager to get somewhere.

Back to the asylum

Jubilee for me.

I'm a Central Division BR/LMS modeller and they were my 'Green Engines in Manchester Exchange/Victoria and that'Wall Of Sound' roar when they were 'Given The Berries!!'

Chris.

• RMweb Gold

Jubilee for me.

I'm a Central Division BR/LMS modeller and they were my 'Green Engines in Manchester Exchange/Victoria and that'Wall Of Sound' roar when they were 'Given The Berries!!'

Chris.

A pink Castle look-a-like.  :jester:

Arthurs? :spiteful:

P

As a primarily SR man, I like the King Arthurs, but they don't have that slightly aggressive look that the Castles and Jubilees have.

What they do have is the most aesthetically pleasing (try typing that when your'e p!ssed) smoke deflectors; luvverly curves!

Glenn (I must get out more often!)

Now I knew those stakes would come in useful !

attachicon.gifbrussel load.jpg

YUMMY !

P.Arpy

Hi All,

This ANTB - GWR version of Christmas wagon required!

Standard size...

post-14393-0-06650200-1542322232_thumb.jpeg

...or super family economy size?

post-14393-0-12962000-1542322277_thumb.jpeg

Over to those of a photoshop persuasion...

All the best,

Castle

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

As a primarily SR man, I like the King Arthurs, but they don't have that slightly aggressive look that the Castles and Jubilees have.

What they do have is the most aesthetically pleasing (try typing that when your'e p!ssed) smoke deflectors; luvverly curves!

Glenn (I must get out more often!)

Some clever ba####d will now produce some hilarious pics of Castles and Jubs with Flectorators

I have to admit that Jubs are one of my fave loco's too, probably after seeing the Barrow Road pets double heading the Duchy out of Templer Meadicals in about 1963.

Look at the Arthurs, Nelsons (almost Royal Scots) and S15s in their early days with no flectors.....beasts.

Edited by Mallard60022