A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Seen on Farcebook from Dapol, not sure whether I want one of these yet.

attachicon.gif14457414_1529592697066542_18417950074136497_n.jpeg

Interesting - and yet to appear on the Dapol Digest.

I still have one or two reservations about these so want a good look before passing any sort of judgement plus the tail lamp issue is not entirely clear although I understand they will be removable/addonable and not permanently fixed while the BR 'cream' looks positively yellow.

Did any actually get west of Taunton (or Castle Cary more likely) in real life?

Only in a parallel universe, I suspect.  If the new line from St Germans to Looe had been completed prior to WW2 it would have been worked with railcars but apart from that I understand that there were no booked workings south west of Yatton.

Chris

Edited by chrisf
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Cor - I go away for two days to visit the dusty North, and meanwhile Brent is suddenly in 1957!

Looks like you are in need of one of these:

post-10306-0-20455500-1475860043.jpg

No idea what I am going to do with this on my late 40s W London Urban, but I did enjoy finishing it.

• Like 9

It's an overcast morning in the beautiful South Hams as we catch Collett Hall 5960 on a down van train going to Tavistock Junction.

attachicon.gifDSCN9521.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9522.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9523.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9524.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9525.jpg

It's a soggy morning in overcrowded Portsmouth as Glenn trudges along the dirty pavements to North End to get some bread and milk. I much prefer the escapism of Brent to the realities of life.

Good Morning!

• Like 2

Cor - I go away for two days to visit the dusty North, and meanwhile Brent is suddenly in 1957!

attachicon.gifN1.jpg

No idea what I am going to do with this on my late 40s W London Urban, but I did enjoy finishing it.

An improved 43XX, very nice ... one thing though, the front footsteps are on the wrong way round. That nice Mr Maunsell would not have approved!

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifN1.jpg

Cross London perishables or alternatively some Cement or Sand for some obscure place like Purley..

S.Orted.

• RMweb Premium

It's a soggy morning in overcrowded Portsmouth as Glenn trudges along the dirty pavements to North End to get some bread and milk. I much prefer the escapism of Brent to the realities of life.

Good Morning!

Get yerself over Hayling and do some windsurfing. However if the tide is wrong and there is no wind, go and walk the old Billy Line and then have a nice Ice Cream down the prom at Southsea; I used to quite like Southsea front.

W. Nelson.

• Like 1