A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

I'm not one to spread rumours or gossip but I just noticed the 57' K42 PBV missing from the wishlist poll...

Manor ,mogul and coaching stock votes please everyone.

I will put in a vote on everyone's behalf but

Manor - of no particular interest (though I did spend Saturday going up and down a Yorkshire branchline behind 7822)

Moguls - I have built K's and Mitchell

Coaching stock - Like others, I have built my own rather than rely on wish lists.

Hope you all get what you want

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 2

There are two Slaters in my stash waiting impatiently to be built but it would be nice to get some decent off the shelf ones !

I've got three - two BTKs and a CK - in mine but I really would like some TKs. I actually have a couple of old wooden Ratio kits for these but they're not top of my list to build.

Lucky b*st*rds!     :ireful:

I really would like some TKs.

C32 sides and ends from Worsley Works, Roof from Comet, plasticard/Comet underframe, Comet/Geen fittings scratch truss rods. Bogies from Geen.

Alternative from a good friend - bought an old secondhand PC/Wheeltapper toplight kit and substituted the litho sides with brass Worsley ones.Total cost £22.00.

Mike Wiltshire

• RMweb Premium

C32 sides and ends from Worsley Works, Roof from Comet, plasticard/Comet underframe, Comet/Geen fittings scratch truss rods. Bogies from Geen.

Alternative from a good friend - bought an old secondhand PC/Wheeltapper toplight kit and substituted the litho sides with brass Worsley ones.Total cost £22.00.

Mike Wiltshire

Well done Mike. I was desperately trying to remember where I got some sides/ends from a while back. Worsley have a 'secret range' that most do not know exist. Nice etches in my experience.

• RMweb Gold

Mike Wiltshire

That reminds me that I really must order some Geen bogies to go under the slatters third body I picked up from coopercraft t Wells

• RMweb Gold

I've got three - two BTKs and a CK - in mine but I really would like some TKs. I actually have a couple of old wooden Ratio kits for these but they're not top of my list to build.

Any advances on 6.?

Hermans Hermits lead was Peter Noone not a lot of people know that as Caine would say.

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Premium

Exactly,they had noone as their lead singer.....

It was Peter and Gordon. At the time I was Gordon's doppleganger (including the thick, black framed specs) and suddenly I realised that certain young ladies quite liked the likeness and my specs were not a no no for chatting them up. Sadly that was the start of the corruption of my previous innocence and also an interest that took precednce over steam loco's. What a bl##dy idiot I was. pah and double pah.

Ar$e

• RMweb Gold

I like the doubleheader Rob........hadnt thought of that .......just posted this on Granby

post-465-0-47380700-1476208497_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-30855700-1476208529_thumb.jpg

Sunday was Thansgiving Day in Canada........so it was quite appropriate that I was able to finally complete the K40 PBV conversion that Phil so kindly built for me last April.......as I said in my thread I wouldnt have done it without your initial suggestion Rob and I certainly couldnt have done it without such generous assistance from Mr Duck.......many thanks guys

post-465-0-28838700-1476209193_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-52970900-1476209230_thumb.jpg

I havent voted yet so I dont know if a K40 (unlike the K42) is listed........but its one item that now I am afraid will not get my vote! Bearing in mind Murphy''s law I doubt it will make much difference!

However I will be ticking the Manor and Mogul boxes and I guess I had better tick the 517 box for Edwardian

Regards from Vancouver

John

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

I like the doubleheader Rob........hadnt thought of that .......just posted this on Granby

attachicon.gif4 Black and White.jpg

attachicon.gif6 Grange.jpg

Sunday was Thansgiving Day in Canada........so it was quite appropriate that I was able to finally complete the K40 PBV conversion that Phil so kindly built for me last April.......as I said in my thread I wouldnt have done it without your initial suggestion Rob and I certainly couldnt have done it without such generous assistance from Mr Duck.......many thanks guys

attachicon.gif3 PBV close up.jpg

attachicon.gif10 B&W.jpg

I havent voted yet so I dont know if a K40 (unlike the K42) is listed........but its one item that now I am afraid will not get my vote! Bearing in mind Murphy''s law I doubt it will make much difference!

However I will be ticking the Manor and Mogul boxes and I guess I had better tick the 517 box for Edwardian

Regards from Vancouver

John

Youm made a bliddy gud job of that there van my andsome.

Philth

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It was Peter and Gordon. At the time I was Gordon's doppleganger (including the thick, black framed specs) and suddenly I realised that certain young ladies quite liked the likeness and my specs were not a no no for chatting them up. Sadly that was the start of the corruption of my previous innocence and also an interest that took precednce over steam loco's.

I'm sure we'd all seen you as one of nature's babe-magnets, Phil.

• Like 1

Good Morning

post-25234-0-28216700-1476346203.jpg

About a year ago we had a phase of good moning photos. I wanted to join in but couldn't resize my photos.

As a result of finally starting my own layout topic, (A Cartoon of Helston(ish)), I now can. This is belatedly the photo that I would have offered fresh off the camera.

Good Morning.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Good Morning

attachicon.gifDSC_1205MulgaBill.jpg

About a year ago we had a phase of good moning photos. I wanted to join in but couldn't resize my photos.

As a result of finally starting my own layout topic, (A Cartoon of Helston(ish)), I now can. This is belatedly the photo that I would have offered fresh off the camera.

Good Morning.

Looks good Tony. I'm now following.

• RMweb Gold

Very impressed with the new Modelu GWR loco lamps.I like the fineness of the handle and they slot over the lamp irons on the new rtr offerings.Painted white and the lens added will be done later.A quid each.

post-126-0-97455100-1476371456.jpg

post-126-0-02033900-1476371492.jpg

• Like 18