A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE GWR !

B.Runel Jnr.

I have, I have (well actually i only voted once, but if anyone knows how I'm happy to have another go)

VOTE for a 517!!!!!!!!!!

That of course would be a very interesting one because what condition would it reflect or would it be the first model to have a parts list of over 1,000 in order to account for all most of the variations in detail down the years - doable I would think but I reckon about 6 years from announcement to start of production in order to get the research finished as they are probably the worst GWR tank engine for being altered and having bits moved around over the years (ooh, that's a challenge)

More 'Toplight's voted for; I've been voting for these for a little while now and some Collett 'Sunshine' stock ... other railway company vehicles were voted for of course, a Maunsell Restaurant Car or two would go down well with this modeller.

I always feel slightly guilty that I haven't attempted to kit build some of the vehicles I want, but there just never seems to be enough time.

Glenn

• RMweb Premium

There are two Slaters in my stash waiting impatiently to be built but it would be nice to get some decent off the shelf ones !

I've got three - two BTKs and a CK - in mine but I really would like some TKs. I actually have a couple of old wooden Ratio kits for these but they're not top of my list to build.

• Like 1