A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Replacement finial sent yesterday first class but we are dealing with the Royal Mail. Don't forget the remains of the finial base will have to come off!

The next one is in a very embryionic state, waiting for some 1mm brass angle to arrive from Chronos.

Edited by Stephen Freeman

• RMweb Gold

Replacement finial sent yesterday first class but we are dealing with the Royal Mail. Don't forget the remains of the finial base will have to come off!

nos.

Easier said than done.

Er... quite easily actually, it's only glued on. The post is solid brass, so you won't hurt that. Maybe easiest to use a slitting disc in a dremel or some such. If I've already stuck it on and have to do a minor solder adjustment I take it off with a Stanley knife and then glue it back it on afterwards.

Edited by Stephen Freeman

• RMweb Gold

Saw first shots of a new GW loco this afternoon at the Farnham (at Aldershot) show - alas something very strange has appeared on the side of the cab (which was not on the signed-off CAD so will have to be eliminated) but otherwise first impressions were positive with overall shape looking very good and certain distinctive features correctly captured.  Some pics might appear on Mr Kernow's website or Farcebook page after the weekend.

• RMweb Premium

An improved 43XX, very nice ... one thing though, the front footsteps are on the wrong way round. That nice Mr Maunsell would not have approved!

Thank you.  I didn't fit them, but I will re-fit them now you mention it.   

Brake rods are still in the box - it can't be stored with the rodding on.

Prefer a grubby mogul, but mostly in green or in black with red and yellow letters on the tender........

• RMweb Premium

Cross London perishables or alternatively some Cement or Sand for some obscure place like Purley..

S.Orted.

Didn't Mr Angry come from there?

I think it'll go to a new home and fund something more green and 1940s......like the Bachmann 94XX due out in 2019.........or the Bachmann Steam crane due in 2023.....

Have just caught up with the Hornby news.    Am I ever to get K o St Pat????

Saw first shots of a new GW loco this afternoon at the Farnham (at Aldershot) show - alas something very strange has appeared on the side of the cab (which was not on the signed-off CAD so will have to be eliminated) but otherwise first impressions were positive with overall shape looking very good and certain distinctive features correctly captured.  Some pics might appear on Mr Kernow's website or Farcebook page after the weekend.

The 1361, pray tell?

Cheers, 

CoY

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I think Dick managed to find a better photo than that, I may still have a hard copy somewhere but where is the question. Anyway this is what I built from it. Digital Photography has come on a lot since then though there may be a higher resolution one on the sd card if it didn't get deleted. I have a better camera now...Note that it's LQ (specified by Dick - I think confirmed by the photo he sent me) - must have been altered at a later date to UQ. attachicon.gifsignal7and4.jpg

I have now got a really good picture of that signal. Pity Rob doesn't need one.

Philth

• RMweb Gold

Didn't Mr Angry come from there?

Have just caught up with the Hornby news.    Am I ever to get K o St Pat????

Due next summer but the image still shews her with steampipes.

• RMweb Gold

If it's Kernow then it's either that or the railmotor.

In connection to other correspondence with Kernow earlier this week, I was told that the railmotor " is not going to be here for another year or two".

• RMweb Gold

The 1361, pray tell?

Cheers, 

CoY

'tis indeed the 1361, or rather two first shots of it - but only of the footplate, cab, saddle tank and smokebox.  Overall shape looks to be very good with the dome and safety valve bonnet looking particularly good, also the cab shape and roof look good and certain detail requirements we have specified in were accurately reproduced (in so far as something that tiny can be reproduced).  But I am just taking it as I (and Bob 81C) saw it (and in my case dismantled it) without comparing it with photos and drawings so that obviously has to be done before it's ok'd for the next stage.  Pretty fast development at this stage too as the CADs were only finalised in March - partly delayed because I'd missed something on a previous check so Chris T. had it added while on a visit to the factory - but here we are with the first shots off the core tooling only 7 months later.  There is one unfortunate error which shouldn't be there (and wasn't on the approved CAD) which needs to be dealt with and we're not sure why it has appeared but it will have to disappear and that won't be difficult to do.

It gets up my nose when people moan about the time this stuff takes - all the work has to be paid for in stages so it means a small business has to find the capital and each model effectively has to help finance the next plus we've done a massive amount of detail research because although they are small engines there is lots of detail involved and that means going backwards and forwards checking CADs and then making sure they alter the right things without messing up something else in the process

I was hoping for a complete powered example this weekend but alas it was not to be.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A very enjoyable show enhanced by Colin Penfold at Gaydon.Seen in the Bachmann cabinet were these EP beauties.

attachicon.gifDSCN9545.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9544.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9543.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9538.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9539.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9540.jpg

No route discs on the side of the cab of the Dukedog.

Edited by OnTheBranchline

A very enjoyable show enhanced by Colin Penfold at Gaydon.Seen in the Bachmann cabinet were these EP beauties.

attachicon.gifDSCN9545.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9544.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9543.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9538.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9539.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9540.jpg

Thanks for the pics rob, the warflat looks like the austere purposeful prototype - I'm certainly going to order a couple; any sign of the accompanying mounted tank?

Also, I spy the Thompson coaches in blood and custard - any shots of the faux-Teak (scumbled!) livery? 

Cheers, 

CoY

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the pics rob, the warflat looks like the austere purposeful prototype - I'm certainly going to order a couple; any sign of the accompanying mounted tank?

Also, I spy the Thompson coaches in blood and custard - any shots of the faux-Teak (scumbled!) livery? 

Cheers, 

CoY

I think when these are released Sierd (Trains&Armour) will be much needed for advice on loads etc for these . They're a lot longer than I imagined. The detail on the ends is very welcome and it will be interesting to see the clearance for tension lock usuage.

• RMweb Premium

Those Birdy Cages look the business too. I do hope the Thompsons have the correct roof profile (for those that know these things) this time but I can't tell from the pics.

Nice flat top tank Pannier there as well. :tomato:

Appreciate the pics by the way.

Philth