A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

What about some military vehicles to go on them?

I would like to think a lot of the 1/72 range of armoured vehicles available in kit form would make a great load.Sierd, where are you ??????

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see you today Rob, I will start work on that 7mm track plan for you tomorrow, although I'm sure that Spams will have some useful input too.

3hrs 15 mins home - not too bad considering the rest of the world was in bed for my outbound journey.

Also for those who are interested in some tanks for their warflats I recommend Milicast  https://www.milicast.com/

They are really simple to make resin kits - I did my trainfull in a day

post-12721-0-19328600-1476036524.jpg

Edited by colin penfold
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

When planning loads for Warflats bear in mind that the Sherman, its predecessor the Grant/Lee and the Canadian version, the Ram, would be out of gauge on Warflats which was why the Warwell was developed.

Pete

Bachmann were advising they were being released with a Mk4 Cromwell (1944) subject to change.

• Like 1

When planning loads for Warflats bear in mind that the Sherman, its predecessor the Grant/Lee and the Canadian version, the Ram, would be out of gauge on Warflats which was why the Warwell was developed.

Pete

Indeed. Anyone wanting some variety in their tank trains could have Churchill, Comet, Cromwell, Crusader, Matilda and Valentine tanks (seems like it will come with this as per Robs post above). I must admit, I am very interested to see Bachmann's take on the Cromwell. 

Do we think that the stabilizer legs at the wagon ends are extendable?

So, warwell next? 

CoY

• RMweb Gold

I like those, but wonder why they exist as I don't know of a 4mm model of Truro.

I think they are the same as at Torquay, Winchester Chesil ( and therefore????? ) Kidderminster SVR

Presumably elsewhere too?

As evident here on Winchester Chesil in P4: http://www.scalefour.org/competitions/chairmanscup/lrgjolly1.html

Incidentally, that is still a very special model, even by today's standards (MRJ No. 9, 1986 and no. 41, 1990 in case anyone is interested).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm not one to spread rumours or gossip but I just noticed the 57' K42 PBV missing from the wishlist poll...

Manor ,mogul and coaching stock votes please everyone.

Edited by gwrrob

I'm not one to spread rumours or gossip but I just noticed he K42 PBV missing from the wishlist poll...

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE GWR !

B.Runel Jnr.

• RMweb Gold

I'm not one to spread rumours or gossip but I just noticed the 57' K42 PBV missing from the wishlist poll...

And toad break vans....

Shame no b set coaches listed, but will happy take any new GW coaches!