A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Photos suggest that in the post-war era Old Oak 'Kings' were not exactly the cleanest engines operating on the GWR  (no doubt largely due to a shortage of labour) but Kennth Cook remarked in his book that he had a certain 'Castle' transferred away from Old Oak to Canton because it was filthy every time he saw it passing Swindon.

There you go Rob. Just get down and very dirty.

Philth.

• RMweb Gold

"was 2 - 2 OK for you?" ... how did you know I had a degree?

Port-smuff

You've got a degree in weathering.Light, medium or heavy...... Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Final few with the King as SWMBO wants it back, thanks for your continued support.I shall wear it always.

attachicon.gifDSCN9646.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9647.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN9648.jpg

Blimey, don't tell everyone Rob. My SWMBO will be wanting a loco. Actually we could have a little fun choosing a loco appropriate to the SWMBO or HWMBO. Nicknames allowed.

I think I shall start with one for her indoors.......Big Bertha.

I would like my Knight of the Grand Cross back, it's only been with Hornybee for near EIGHT bl@@dy weeks !

If I had a SWMBO I'd have sent her in all guns firing a month ago, at least you know where your King is Rob :(

A.Ngry

• RMweb Premium

South Brent has been extremely damp for the last 14 hours or so.

And when I say 'extremely', I'm not messing about with neither confirming or denying the matter, it's wet, and that's the truth there, Guv'nor, an' no mistake.

Unfortunately you don't have a monopoly on the Cornish sunshine, it's coming down here like the proverbial stair rods.

A. Macintosh

Unfortunately you don't have a monopoly on the Cornish sunshine, it's coming down here like the proverbial stair rods.

A. Macintosh

Having considered all her options Wendy Rayne Stopz will be handing in her notice to the Moppa It All Up agency and take up baking pasties for the Brent Women's Guild

post-20303-0-83342000-1477313724_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good timing shewing this photo as the crappy effort of my Ratio signal due to be replaced shortly.Stephen's not one to blow his own euphonium but here's progress so far on its replacement.

post-126-0-59581000-1477322407_thumb.jpeg

post-126-0-51201500-1477322464.jpeg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 19