A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately I was too busy researching obscure sausage types for another serious and in-depth comment on the MRJ thread, otherwise I wouldn't have missed this run.

• RMweb Premium

That beast needs deflectors..................I think the A3 style ones would look good. They were Witte (trough style) design from a Country some of us no longer wish to be associated with except for their Bratwurst and pi##y beer.

Ar$e

• RMweb Gold

Which ones are yours Rob?

Philth

Not one as my loyalty is with the Kernow 1361 that our esteemed friend on this thread has been involved with.A Danish Krone for his thoughts ?

• RMweb Gold

Not one as my loyalty is with the Kernow 1361 that our esteemed friend on this thread has been involved with.A Danish Krone for his thoughts ?

Judging by an actual pic that has appeared on the Hattons site there is an error (for that livery) on the Heljan 1366 - although others might be accurate????   That of course might not bode well for the Heljan 1361 where there are all sorts of detail differences between the engines but we know from the first shots of the Kernow model that some of those have indeed been accurately captured as per the research and agreed CADs (as long as they're assembled in the right combinations of course - and that will no doubt be the next task once we know if all the [800+] bits are correct).

Whatever might happen with the Kernow 1361 I have a strong suspicion that one of the early running samples could well put in an appearance on ANTB but I am unable to put a firm date on that as yet.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Shouldn't the front of the tanks be black on the Great Western liveried ones?  I thought the preserved example was incorrect.

This has been discussed before when I shewed this.

post-126-0-86219900-1477593024.jpg

• Like 7

F T F A G O S .

Doesn't have to be expensive Britain's soldiers. You could be the proud owner of a stubbornness of Rhinos for a mere £15.99.

post-9751-0-53181400-1477651260_thumb.jpg

As well as being considerably cheaper than a 1366 Class loco, the Rhinos aren't restricted to Weymouth, Wadebridge and a few other places and can appear anywhere once they set their minds to it.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Didn't you go on holiday there last year, Bob?

Might have if there is a place called that in Scotland, Cornwall, Devon or Somerset or was it the year before in Portugal.  :snooks:

A rare glimpse of the Finchings at Brent in later years as they are photographed on the last day of train services at Brent (3/10/64):

post-9751-0-69673900-1477673074_thumb.jpg

Flora is instantly recognizable standing on the platform, as her neat fashion sense hasn't changed much since 1947, but it would seem that Minnie has let herself go and turned into a bit of a bag lady.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

A rare glimpse of the Finchings at Brent in later years as they are photographed on the last day of train services at Brent (3/10/64):

attachicon.gifbrent last day.jpg

Flora is instantly recognizable standing on the platform, as her neat fashion sense hasn't changed much since 1947, but it would seem that Minnie has let herself go a bit and turned into a bit of a bag lady.

Sadly Mike Roper's flower beds have gone to seed- not a lupin to be seen,