A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

A rare glimpse of the Finchings at Brent in later years as they are photographed on the last day of train services at Brent (3/10/64):

attachicon.gifbrent last day.jpg

Flora is instantly recognizable standing on the platform, as her neat fashion sense hasn't changed much since 1947, but it would seem that Minnie has let herself go and turned into a bit of a bag lady.

I spy a stench pipe; sad isn't it.

Ar$e

• RMweb Gold

F T F A G O S .

Didn't you go on holiday there last year, Bob?

I have to correct you there CK.

F T Fagos played right wing for F.C Porto for many years. Had a thunderous left foot, scoring many times over the years. Also renowned for his robust approaches from behind, catching many opposition forwards unawares. It was one such approach that ended the career of Phil McCrevice, the well known Celtic midfielder who was upended by Fagos one evening at Celtic Park in 1965.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

I'm off to the WSR for Sunday lunch on the Quantock Belle tomorrow any request for photo's anyone I will try and see what I can get in the way of signals point rodding boxes and the like, the engine on the front will be small prairie 5542 all other loco's

running are of an inferior nature. :D

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I'm off to the WSR for Sunday lunch on the Quantock Belle tomorrow any request for photo's anyone I will try and see what I can get in the way of signals point rodding boxes and the like, the engine on the front will be small prairie 5542 all other loco's

running are of an inferior nature. :D

The little roller supports for signal wires. A close up and some idea of the distance between each one would be really useful. Thanks for offering.

You can almost be there ! Need a platform seat and a poster added to the right end.

Hi Robin, looking great! I might be able to help out with the seat at some point, there is one outside the canteen at Didcot which I'll be able to 3D scan.  I was there on Monday but ran out of time unfortunately, but got lots of other useful stuff.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Bodmin Station today

attachicon.gif20161029_130543.jpg

That loco makes plenty of flange squeal on the line if the track is dry, I spied a dining train are you going on it.

Enjoy your day.

Like the photo's Mike did you have special access to the track at Staverton.

Edited by 81C