A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

South Brent has been extremely damp for the last 14 hours or so

I'm glad I changed my plans, I had intended to make a quick photo recon stop to look at bridges on the way home from Devon yesterday, but the rain put me off...

Edited by The Fatadder

• RMweb Premium

Was his name Mike Hunt ?

One of the local wags in the pub, used his new fangled mobile phone (it was quite a few years ago) too phone the pub and got the barmaid too ask for him, it took her a minute or two too realise what she was calling out, in the meanwhile we were all in stitches.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There was a chap at Lansing Bagnalls factory in Basingstoke named Ronald Soles the lady on the other end of the tannoy always called him R Soles much to the delight of everyone working there he must have been a popular guy. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

One of the local wags in the pub, used his new fangled mobile phone (it was quite a few years ago) too phone the pub and got the barmaid too ask for him, it took her a minute or two too realise what she was calling out, in the meanwhile we were all in stitches.

He bin watchin the Simpsons then?

Bart.

• RMweb Gold

Put it away Rob, you are making me jealous.

Philth

You don't want to see the down CRE with kit built Comet centenary coaches then.... Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

A maroon King would certainly look better than that Hornby green...

Something very wrong with even thinking that let alone writing it down and sharing it with others.

post-14122-0-91171800-1477506247.jpeg