What's with all the coloured buttons below each post?

• RMweb Premium

2. Unless theres something wrong with my browser, all the results congregate in an overprinted and unreadable mess on the left side of the display

Not just you.  It seems to be an IE and / or monitor setting thing.  I see the display as intended using Safari on my Mac but all overlapping and condensed using IE on the PC at work over which I have no control on settings.  However untidy though that it you  can still hover over (iPad excepted) and either see the window with the full display or click on the partially-visible "List" link which gives you even more information.

I note the ABC icon changed to an exclamation mark earlier but seems to have changed back to what I interpret as "Spell Check" (TickABC) - or is that also a Mac vs. PC difference?

• RMweb Gold

But doesn't that simply defeat the purpose, add clutter and assume that you have something worth adding to the conversation?

It seems simple enough to me.

If you preferred the old Like button, you can still click it.

If you want to expand on merely liking, you can click one of the other new buttons.

If none of them fit the response you want to make, you can post a considered reply. By definition it will then be more than just "me too" clutter.

regards,

Martin.

To be fair to those who don't like change, a lot of us model the way things used to be.

I quite like the new iconse, because I often don't post a reply when my comment doesn't add much. I also like being able to distinguish between liking something for modelling quality, and liking it for the wit. And a flurry of disagrees might just slow down some of the more bad-tempered postings.

I'm just worried that the friendly icon might be a bit over-friendly. Will we know when someone's stepping over boundaries?

Alan

• RMweb Gold

I'd just  like to say that if anyone marks my posts Disagree or Indisiphorable I'll find out where you live and send the boys round.

Was really tempted but chickened out and clicked like instead...

• RMweb Gold

I note the ABC icon changed to an exclamation mark earlier but seems to have changed back to what I interpret as "Spell Check" (TickABC) - or is that also a Mac vs. PC difference?

Your browser has cached the old icon. Press CTRL+F5 to refresh the page entirely. You should always do that before making any comment on the design of a web page.

p.s. it's a question mark, not an exclamation mark.

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

Your browser has cached the old icon. Press CTRL+F5 to refresh the page entirely. You should always do that before making any comment on the design of a web page.

p.s. it's a question mark, not an exclamation mark.

Martin.

Pressed CTRL+F5 and I've still got the ABCtick icon. I'm on Chrome on windows7

Andi

I'd just  like to say that if anyone marks my posts Disagree or Indisiphorable I'll find out where you live and send the boys round.

Actually I don't think it's possible to find out who added comments to your own posts,or am I missing something here.Perhaps I'll have to fall back on the small print in my copyright statement and say the above quote's "Nowt to do with me mate."

Actually I don't think it's possible to find out who added comments to your own posts,or am I missing something here.Perhaps I'll have to fall back on the small print in my copyright statement and say the above quote's "Nowt to do with me mate."

You're missing something. Click on 'list' (very small blue type) next to 'Disagree x 1 Like x 1' etc.

Worked out how to do it now.You'er for it now beast66606.

Edit:It's no good pretending to be friendly to me now, you,ve done it now beasty boy you're done for.

And  the same goes for you Xerces Fobe2.

And cromptonnut

And Kenton

And RedgateModels you're really asking for it.

• RMweb Gold

Worked out how to do it now.You'er for it now beast66606.

We at beast66606.empires take your threat seriously and your threat is important to us - you are currently number 7 in the queue.

Press 1 to keep threatening, Press 2 to make a stupid comment about ladders. Press 3 if your opinion of yourself is so high you are light headed. Press 4 if you think that your club is above reproach. Press 5 to repeat the threat. 

If you do not want to hold you may threaten me in several other ways - send me an abusive PM. Join another forum and poke fun at me from afar. Start a blog which pokes fun at me. Try and argue the toss in a thread when it is obvious you are merely trying to cause trouble.

Our preferred option is for you to get on with your own life and leave me to get on with mine

Thank you for your threat, you are now at position 8 in the queue.

:P

I'll warn the dogs to look after them.

As the list simply doesn't work for me (it is another one of those nasty javascript things) I can't see who is posting what. So anyone feel free to click on dislike and I'll do my usual best o ignore it. I expect a certain level of dislike from some quarters, but that doesn't mean it will have any influence on anything I post. Funny is always reassuring for the comedian element nothing quite like playing to an audience when you know they are laughing with/at you and always better than stunned silence or lack of understanding. As for like and craftsman well I think that should at least be encouraging. Though I'm not so sure the regulars need much more of that!

Elswhere on the forum it's apparent that people are using said coloured buttons in an appropriate fashion to give improved recognition of useful postings and good modelling.

Sorry for the interruption to your regular broadcast.

Archived